Dry Practice

I am a USPSA shooter and we have boxes that dictate shooting positions, but it's similar to getting off the X and entering into shooting positions. I make a box on the floor with tape, practice leaving while drawing, leaving while shooting and leaving to shoot in another position.

For entering, I practice keeping the gun up and and ready to shoot as soon as I enter into the box, practice entering, shooting, then leaving. I also make ports to shoot through. Basically anything I have seen at a match, I can practice in my house. I have mini ipsc paper, mini plate racks, mini poppers, swingers.

All of the practice above can be modified to to fit your type of shooting, think of what you encounter and duplicate it in dry fire

Not to hijack this thread, but where do you shoot USPSA? I have only shot a handful of matches and they were a couple of years ago. All of my shooting now is work-related, but I'd like to "play" again sometime. The stress of the clock and others watching adds another dimension...

Look here for all sorts of competition:
http://ical.mac.com/wmccurdy53/2009_Shoots

Not to hijack this thread, but where do you shoot USPSA? I have only shot a handful of matches and they were a couple of years ago. All of my shooting now is work-related, but I'd like to "play" again sometime. The stress of the clock and others watching adds another dimension...

Can you Dry Fire a sig 229!? have asked this before and people are unsure if dry firing is good for a sig!?

Can you Dry Fire a sig 229!? have asked this before and people are unsure if dry firing is good for a sig!?

As long as it's lubed and clean.

Sigs are some of the most well know combat proven pistols in the world, but they can still break from dry firing, like any gun.

When in doubt, read the owner's manual for the particular firearm. If you don't have it, you can probably download it for free from the Sig website.

Get some snap caps. They protect the gun, and you can practice malfunctions and reloads. And they're not that expensive. I'm not sure about the plastic ones, but the aluminum ones from A-Zoom last.

Back
Top Bottom