Eastern Mass League matches

There is a border league match at Nashua this Sunday at 8am. 80 shot match $20. Brent and I are going to be shooting this one.

Eastern Ma

I was the guy bleeding on 5 in the afternoon. Was involved in an accident on the way to the match, but still hit my average.

It would be really cool if someone would be willing to post the results when they are in.

hhrgprez – I hope you are ok. Sounds like your quite a trooper.

Brian

Eastern Mass

I shoot with Mass Rifle team and have for the last 10 yrs, this is a fun match to shoot and has been in existance since the 1920's. The match results are handed out the following week. I will try to post next week.
This match runs for 3 weeks, it is a 6 person team, with each person shooting 20 shots for record. All shooting is done from the standing posistion and is fired at 200yds. Our team shot a 1136 in week 1.

Charlie,

I would love to help Jon put together a website of the EMRL history. I love what MRA has done to preserve the history of the club, and it would be very cool to do the same for the EMRL. It has a rich history and needs to be preserved, and accessible to the community.

Brian

Imagine what it would be like for the guys who shot in the League matches during the 1920s to come back and see the equipment, rifles and ammunition we have at our disposal now.
I wonder if the scores have improved over the years as well.
I suppose, although we have seen the stuff we use get more and more sophisticated, the need for concentration and mental focus hasn't diminished.

Cledus, I disagree. The best thing about this sport is no matter how sophisticated the equipment, it is still up to the Jerk behind the trigger.

Ever see the new guy on the range, with the HK Socom, M6 light/laser and then proceed to scare the target to death? Or worse, this person BLAMES THE EQUIPMENT for the misses!

Nope, it still takes concentration and mental focus. Or, lack thereof. Judging by my score last week.

"The need for concentration and mental focus HASN'T diminished."
We're both right...........
See you Saturday.....Come by and see Old Colony's team and say "Hi"!

I will talk with John about getting some of the history, I like the idea of keeping a public record/space for it.
MRA has some old pictures...Colonel Stuart for one, who was an avid shooter of the 30's.

The picture I am ALWAYS telling people about is the one with the Boston GLOBE Rifle team! People don't believe it until they see it!

Eastern Mass League Maches

Big Daddy 45 acp " Boston Globe Team" is that for real??? i shoot on the
Haverhill team 1 i was on position 7 last Sat AM i think the target puller
we had belonged to the BOSTON GLOBE Staff he had 60 Second breaks
every time he pulled it down!! we were ready to FRAG the PITS!!
realy "Boston Globe Team" For Real?????

Sheriff Dudley s.a.s.s. #17925

Take a trip up to MRA and check out the pictures on the wall. They are very cool!

The Boston Globe Rifle team was a bunch of very distinguished bearded gentlemen. I can’t remember the year, but I think it was pre 1900. I bet their boomb sticks all shot black powder.

Brian

Eastern Mass Matches

BPM990D now i believe! thanks for the real info S.D. I shoot in the Morning
at EMRL Matches for haverhill so if any of you guys are there stop and say hi
Sheriff Dudley s.a.s.s. #17925

EMRL / MRA History

bpm990d said:
Charlie,

I would love to help Jon put together a website of the EMRL history. I love what MRA has done to preserve the history of the club, and it would be very cool to do the same for the EMRL. It has a rich history and needs to be preserved, and accessible to the community.

Brian

The MRA just recently came across an old letter dated March 16, 1925 from the secretary of the EMRL asking whether the MRA was going to join the league so that the schedule could be worked out.

Send me an e-mail or stop by the MRA office and if you'd like a copy.

We also just posted the first installment of our history on our webpage www.MassRifle.com . For those familiar with the "old" history page (that was removed) - you may notice a difference.

P.S. The Globe Team photo is one of my favorites as well but it didn't make it into the current history post but we did manage to get some photos at the Arlington Range, the original MRA layout and of Harry Pope, A. O. Niedner, Dr. Mann and a Stevens “WALNUT HILL” Number 49 on the 44 Ideal Frame in .28-30 Caliber.

How did everyone do, scorewise, yesterday 5-6-06?
Sure was nicer than the previous week; warm, no wind to speak of, and sunny.
I shot 3rd relay in the AM on pos.7.
I threw a 6 halfway through the string, followed by and 8.......kinda blew my concentration....ended up with a 181-1X. Down 4 points from last week.

Emrl Matches

I Had the same day, I shot on Pos#2 / 2nd relay in the AM threw a 7
ended up with a 181 0-X thats down from 187 2-X last week oh well
theres always next week!! Try try Try Again!! i shoot for Haverhill
See you there next Saterday< Sheriff Dudley. The guy with the Air Force hat on!!

All of us NES'ers who shoot the match should meet by the cantine truck at noontime for some social interaction. That should make it easier for those getting done with the morning relay and those coming in to shoot for the aftahnoon.
Whaddaya think?
CJC

MRA team did better that last week,1139, however we finished 2nd to Reading. So its tied up for first.
The "kids" are shooting great....hopefully they can keep it going. So far personally it been my best EML scores...I need to keep my head in it :^)....Hope it does'nt rain for the last day.

Eastern Mass Leauge matches

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO BE RAINED-OUT SATERDAY!!!!!!!!! DAM!!
We could shoot between the raindrops
dont Forget to bring the Swimmies! saugy samiches again?? wet penutbutter
and jelly is damp and gooooie!!!! Sheriff dudley said that!

T Dog,

Thanks for the info on Walnut Hill (MRA). It's just a cool place with lots of history. It's a shame that 128 messed up the 1000yd range. I think SD liked his trip to the club. :)

Brian

Charliet,

Good luck in the Col. Stewart. It's hard to get six people to average in the 190s. Nice job. Good luck against Reading.

Brian

bpm990d said:
T Dog,

Thanks for the info on Walnut Hill (MRA). It's just a cool place with lots of history. It's a shame that 128 messed up the 1000yd range. I think SD liked his trip to the club. :)

Brian

My pleasure.

If they had only thought ahead and put that section of the road underground:
a) we'd still have it;
b) they wouldv've said to Hell with the "BIg Dig" [wink]

I guess advancing isn't always progress.

I'm glad SD liked his trip. There's a lot still left and being improved on - and a lot of great people. [smile]

As we got rained out this morning and couldn't shoot the last match, will we shoot at a later date? Anyone know?
Got last week's standings handed to me this morning as we stood undercover.
1) Reading Gold............1141-26X
2) MRA Silver...............1139-27X
3) Old Colony #1..........1130-23X
4) Reading Silver..........1129-18X
5) Woburn Blasters.......1103-20X

Cledus J. Crabb said:
As we got rained out this morning and couldn't shoot the last match, will we shoot at a later date? Anyone know?
Got last week's standings handed to me this morning as we stood undercover.
1) Reading Gold............1141-26X
2) MRA Silver...............1139-27X
3) Old Colony #1..........1130-23X
4) Reading Silver..........1129-18X
5) Woburn Blasters.......1103-20X

I was told this morning (slept in and got a call from the team captain) that it's all over for this year and MRA silver (based on the first week's shooting) came in first, Reading Gold came in second. I do not know the other teams' standings for this or last week. How did the rest of us do?

So I guess "Silver" gets the gold and "Gold" gets the silver - Congratulations to Charlie and the rest of his team. [party2]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom