Edit existing thread title

It tried that and the title in the forum didn't change.

Sometimes it won't let you change what is seen in the forum. Not sure if it is a setting or what. Usually I've been able to get a Mod to change the thread.

You can double click next to the thread, in the forum the thread is in as another method to edit the thread title.

To be more clear, you need to find the thread in the list of threads in a particular part of the forum or search for it. In the list view of those threads, double click... (follow Clinotus' directions from there)

To be more clear, you need to find the thread in the list of threads in a particular part of the forum or search for it. In the list view of those threads, double click... (follow Clinotus' directions from there)

Living in and reading MA firearms law for so long has me to the point that I clearly can no longer give clear instructions. :(

you have to edit the original post and change the title there.

mods have it made--they just double click the thread title [laugh]

Not so easy. When I was a mod, changing titles was still a PITA. I was usually able to do it, but sometimes it took and other times it took multiple tries. NOT use friendly to either the author of the thread or to the Mods!

i am pretty sure the double click for mods was only inroduced with vbulletin 3.6.7?? it is a pretty new thing, but does make life easier...

on some boards, they install hacks for some things that conflict with some admin/mod functions.... i ran into that a little with certain add ons....

Back
Top Bottom