Educate me on recurve bows.

My wife would like a recurve bow for Christmas. I know very little about recurves and bows in general. I have some older fiberglass ones, but she wants something better. When she was younger she shot with her dad and I think in school. She's not interested in a compound bow or hunting with it. She just wants to shoot targets in the back yard.

So the questions are,

1. Do recurves have to be 'fitted' to the shooter?
2. What are the better manufacturers?

and anything else you can add that will help me not make a mistake.

Thanks

Recurves can be a lot of fun.Take the wife to a store that sells them and make sure she can handle the draw weight and that she gets the proper draw length.

Archery USA in Dedham, Ma is a recurve guru shop. Anthony will set her up with what she needs. So many options once draw length is determined. He is also an Olympis trainer I believe. Worth the trip but call for hours of business.

Archery USA in Dedham, Ma is a recurve guru shop. Anthony will set her up with what she needs. So many options once draw length is determined. He is also an Olympis trainer I believe. Worth the trip but call for hours of business.

+1. We took my dad's old recurve to them about 15-20 years ago. It had already been leaning against a wall in a closet for about 20 years and was bent to sh*t, but the guy (or girl) behind the counter bent it back with his/her bare hands. I'll never forget that.

Back
Top Bottom