Electoral College Question.

I purchased a Betsy Ross flag, and fly it now. Perhaps the communists who live across the street will get bent out of shape????

She is simply talking out of her arse- I would love to hear her "plan" to unilaterally alter the constitution.
Both sides have been saying that the "other people's president" was going to declare marshal law and refuse to leave the Whitehouse for a while now.
Stupid rhetoric isn't confined to one side of the aisle.

I thought the perspective provided in the below was interesting....
Full Disclosure - It's from a Chain Mail my father passed along, so take it for what its worth.

One of the better explanations of why we have the Electoral College:
319 Square Miles
Last month the newly convened, Democratic-controlled House of Representatives introduced a bill to eliminate the electoral college. It seems that, since they couldn't win the last presidential election under the rules that have existed for almost 250 years, they want to change the rules.
Below is an excellent explanation of why this is a very bad idea

In their infinite wisdom, the United States' Founders created the Electoral College to ensure the States were fairly represented. Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for the whole of the nation?

The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet. It should finally put an end to the argument as to why the Electoral College makes sense. Do share this. It needs to be widely known and understood.
There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
- Trump won 3,084 of them.
- Clinton won 57.
There are 62 counties in New York State.
- Trump won 46 of them.
- Clinton won 16
Clinton won the popular vote by approximately 1.5 million votes.
- In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond)
- Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.
The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a Presidential Election.

Large, densely populated cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country! And It's been verified and documented that those 319 square miles are where the majority of our nation's problems foment./

Back
Top Bottom