Electronic Scale and Cast Trimmer Info Wanted

Patriot

NES Member
I am getting back to reloading after a number of years away from it
and I want to get an electronic scale and a case trimmer for my 30-06
brass. Any suggestions on a best buy out there?

One other question as well. I have a 550 Dillon and when I go to
reload 30-06 I might as well have a single stage press for all the
manual stuff I do. Does anyone out there load rifle ammo on a
Dillon 550?

Thanks

There's a couple threads on GlockTalk right now about guys doing rifle on a 550. I don't know enough about that to be giving advice. Digital scales are usually on sale at MidwayUSA. I bought my PACT there for $90. I think the RCBS equivalent is on sale right now for the same price. It looks like they're both made by the same company. Only difference is the color.

I have a dillon digital. I really like it. It's keeps it's zero really well.

There was a thread on here about what to look for on a digital scale, and what you have to watch out for. There are some things that drive me nuts when I'm using the digital.

You can't have a fan on, so if you're working in a hot basement, don't use any air moving device...or have a window open. It's so sensitive that air movement will change the scale display.

I have a Pact scale digital precision scale and it works fine. I calibrate it with the included weights everytime I use it and I trust it. There are some quirks. You can find more on that on brianenos.com with a search. The Dillon D-Terminator feels more rugged to me and I know they have a great warranty program.

The Pact also has the ability to be used with their dispenser if you ever what to load that way.

GTOShootr said:
C-pher said:
There are some things that drive me nuts when I'm using the digital.

I've read that florescent lights are another source.
I read that in GlockTalk as well. Doesn't seem to affect my Pact scale. I just got the Midway flyer yesterday. They've got a Frankfort Arsenal Digital scale for around $30. Wonder how good it works?

Back
Top Bottom