Falconing?

I'm kinda interested in falconing, but I have no idea on where to get more information. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

-Mike

My wife gave me a day of falconing at the Equinox linked above for Christmas. I'm going to wait till early summer to do it. I'll post back once I have.

I'm very excited!

its not easy to get into,

yea you need to find a sponser, there isnt all to many guys out there in mass and evan new england but theres enofe, thing is they can only sponser 1 person at a time and most of them its not all to easy to get someone to sposer you.

first off, they dont want to sponser anyone who will be into it for a couple years and then stop and just keep the bird as a pet. most the old school guys who been into it for a long time anyway are very selective of who they sponser.

most likely youll have to travel a bit and go with these guys to the bird meets, sky trials, go on hunting trips with them, become intrested and show your really intrested.

more or less, its a few years of learning and being involed in it before you get sponsered, then theres the test but in general if you have a good sponser and worked to get a sponsership the test should be easy.

if you know someone whos already got a masters and will get you going right away and sponser you without all the personallity tests, then your golden.

my advise is only this, be shure you really want to be a falconer and make shure you have allot of time to put into it.

oh yea, some of those guys have outdoor facilitys for there birds that cost more than there house. so its not a cheap hobby to get into.

Back
Top Bottom