Fat Uncle Teddy

Subject: Fwd: Mary Jo Kopechne...

Time passes, and how quickly we forget.

From Mary Jo Kopechne

I would have been 65 years of age this year.
Read about me and my killer below.

When Sen. Ted Kennedy was merely just another Democrat bloating on
Capitol Hill on behalf of liberal causes, it was perhaps excusable to ignore his deplorable past.

But now that he's become a leading Republican attack dog, positioning?himself as Washington's leading arbiter of truth and integrity, the days for such indulgence are now over.

It's time for the GOP to stand up and remind America why this chief spokesman had to abandon his own presidential bid in 1980 - time to say the words Mary Jo Kopechne out loud.

As is often the case, Republicans have deluded themselves into thinking?that most Americans already know the story of how this "Conscience of the Democratic Party" left Miss Kopechne behind to die in the waters?underneath the Edgartown Bridge in July 1969, after a night of drinking and partying?with the young blonde campaign worker. But most Americans under 40 have never heard that story, or details of how Kennedy swam to safety, then tried to get his cousin Joe Garghan to say he was behind the wheel.

Those young voters don't know how Miss Kopechne, trapped inside Kennedy's Oldsmobile, gasped for air until she finally died, while the Democrats' leading Iraq war critic rushed back to his compound to formulate the best alibi he could think of.

Neither does Generation X know how Kennedy was thrown out of Harvard on his ear 15 years earlier -- for paying a fellow student to take his Spanish final. Or why the US Army denied him a commission because he cheated on tests.

As they listen to the Democrats' "Liberal Lion" accuse President Bush of "telling lie after lie after lie" to get America to go to war in Iraq, young voters don't know about that notorious 1991 Easter weekend in Palm Beach, when Uncle Teddy rounded up his nephews for a night on the town, an evening that ended with one of them credibly accused of rape.

It's time for Republicans to state unabashedly that they will no longer "go along with the gag" when it comes to Uncle Ted's rants about deception and moral turpitude inside the Bush White House.

And if the Republicans don't, let's do it ourselves by passing this forgotten disgrace around the Internet to wake up memories of what a fraud and fake Teddy really is.

The Democratic Party should be ashamed to have the national disgrace from Massachusetts as their spokesman.

Please pray for our Troops fighting for us. God Bless you All.

Ah, yes... Senator Ted Kennedy.

Three words that prove to the world that the people of Massachusetts are not capable of self-government. Or should not be trusted with a ballot box.

Hey, I keep voting against him and he still keeps winning... what IS it with Ma**h***s that he keeps getting re-elected???

Ross - wondering why I'm still living here in MA.

I think we all wonder why we all still live in MA. We too vote against him every chance we get. Apparently he bought off the rest of the state.

MrsWildweasel said:
I think we all wonder why we all still live in MA. We too vote against him every chance we get. Apparently he bought off the rest of the state.

Yeah...with all his hand out programs. [roll]

First chance Ed and I get - we're moving to VA.

Nickle said:
From Haverhill, I just wonder why you haven't moved 20 miles or so North (NH).

I bought here 15 years ago before becoming a gun owner, and there's too many Ma**h***s moving north. Gimme southern VA where it only snows once in a great while and lasts for 30 seconds. [lol]

I wouldn't mind VA. Did my Army school there. An inch of snow on the ground closed the base. Was fun watching the idiots drive. [twisted]

I did my original service schooling at Fort Belvoir. VA is way too close to DC for my taste. IF I move down south, it'd be Arkansas. The wife's got relatives there.

Not near as close as Ft Belvoir. I went to Ft Lee when I did my AT in 2003. We did AT in Ft Pickett, and went on a day trip to Ft Lee and the Fredricksburg Battlefield.

I know Belvoir was way closer. Once I left Lee I really didn't want to go back, but VA is a pretty state. For me I would have to live somewhere where the humidity isn't that high. I can do heat,just not humid.

No,just have never dealt well with humidity. Grew up on the West coast,and summers were mild. I lived in southern Idaho, in the desert and didn't mind the heat then,but have definately decided after last winter,and being in Texas during you guys's worst snowstorm,that 60-70 degrees in Jan was nice. T-shirts and jeans works just fine. :D

We were down in Del Rio visiting my brother. Summers in Del Rio are humid,not as bad as San Antonio. Hubby didn't care for the not much in the way of mountains and trees. Mexico was great and literally a stones throw. Fell in love with the food there.

El Paso definitely has mountains, just that the only trees are near the Ri Grande or in lawns and watered. I spent just over 2 years there, she spent 2 1/2 years, got out from there. El Paso is where they'll put the hose when it's time to give the world an enema.

My brother is moving to Wichita Falls here in a couple of days,so I will probably get to see what nortern texas looks like. Along with oklahoma since he's right on the border. My brother has the best job,even if they end up someplace they don't like they are only there for a year and move on. Before you ask he's a contractor for Boeing,working on Air Force bases. He's hoping after this move to go into the C-130 project then he'll be all over the place. He keeps trying to talk me into their supply jobs. I'm thinking about it.

Texas? Talk about humid. About 10 years ago, I had to spend 3 weeks in Houston. In July. When you leave your office and go outside (you run real fast to reach your car), your sunglasses fog up from the humidity.

I also spent 1 year in Dallas. In my view, the only good thing about Dallas is the fact that it isn't Houston.

Not my cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom