• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fed-ex asking for Government ID when buying ammo

rio

NES Member
So today I was receiving a delivery of ammo in my NH home, the delivery driver asked me for a government ID, I asked why , isn’t NH a free- state? I had ammo delivered in my home before and nobody ever asked before I said, I was only asking when the driver grab the box really angry and said that I was going to cost him his job, took the box in a hurry and speed off angry never answering my question and trying to have a conversation about it, I was caught of guard because I was really trying to obtain the answer and before I knew he took off with my ammo, I never had any issues with a delivery guy, as far as I was concerned was I wrong for asking, last I check in NH state is not require an ID when you buy ammo, correct or was I wrong?

I did called, they said their policy requires a government ID and signature but that the guys behavior was wrong, I requested a different driver to come to my house.The ID was for proof of age, nothing else.

was it shipped "adult signature required" ?
If so, your interaction with the driver was not because ammo, but because that's what the shipper requested, (because ammo) probably to reduce risks of theft.

I had a package left on my doorstep just a few days ago that was shipped "adult signature required" So you either get your experience, or a driver that DGAF and forges something just to get the box off his truck.

was it shipped "adult signature required" ?
If so, your interaction with the driver was not because ammo, but because that's what the shipper requested, (because ammo) probably to reduce risks of theft.

I had a package left on my doorstep just a few days ago that was shipped "adult signature required" So you either get your experience, or a driver that DGAF and forges something just to get the box off his truck.
Right, I have no problem with a signature request or proof of age for that matter, he never explained anything to me simply got angry and drove off .

Right, I have no problem with a signature request or proof of age for that matter, he never explained anything to me simply got angry and drove off .

Sounds like the driver is going to cost himself the job and you're just the most recent rock he smashed himself upon. Oh well...not everyone grows up to be Elon Musk.

yet you overreacted from the get go with talking about free states

Companies have policies. You ran into one and by your own admission behaved poorly.

Did you buy the ammo from Sig?

My son recently sent a black powder pistol to Bennelli for repair. It went and came back via UPS. We had to sign for it but we knew that ahead of time.

yet you overreacted from the get go with talking about free states

Companies have policies. You ran into one and by your own admission behaved poorly.

Did you buy the ammo from Sig?
Not from sig, they are 2 minutes from my house, but I will be interested in knowing more about why mentioning the part about this being a free state is incorrect from my part, I was stating a fact not meant as a attack to the driver.

Sounds like the driver is going to cost himself the job and you're just the most recent rock he smashed himself upon. Oh well...not everyone grows up to be Elon Musk.
I hope he does not loose his job, I’m not a vindictive man or would try to get someone fire, all I requested was that I did not want him back in my property and told the person that I have zero wishes to get him fire, if he gets fire is because of his own actions.

Not from sig, they are 2 minutes from my house, but I will be interested in knowing more about why mentioning the part about this being a free state is incorrect from my part, I was stating a fact not meant as a attack to the driver.
Driver was there to obtain a sig and deliver a package. He obviously did not care to discuss politics.

I hope he does not loose his job, I’m not a vindictive man or would try to get someone fire, all I requested was that I did not want him back in my property and told the person that I have zero wishes to get him fire, if he gets fire is because of his own actions.

Maybe you lack the quality of tact.

Tact: The ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip.

Driver was there to obtain a sig and deliver a package. He obviously did not care to discuss politics.
Probably and he could have told me that or anything to that effect or say hey is company policy because A,B,C , want your ammo sign here and show me ID, he did not he got angry and speed off.

View attachment 649109
It means instead of asking a normal question to the man just trying to do his job you decided to make a stupid comment that's completely irrelevant to the company's policy which as you know the delivery driver doesn't make.
I see, to be honest I was surprised at the whole thing, I had ammo dropped off before with zero problems, perhaps the my surprised came across as aggressive or being a dick and he had a long day , don’t know that is why I wrote this thread, for sure not trying to be right, if I was wrong then is on me lesson learned and I deserved the Karen thing.

Probably and he could have told me that or anything to that effect or say hey is company policy because A,B,C , want your ammo sign here and show me ID, he did not he got angry and speed off.
Sounds like you were the one that over reacted to the situation. When a delivery person asks for ID, he or she is just doing their job. They have a package that the delivery instructions state they do certain things. If you want the delivery, just do what they ask and move on.

I have not been in my 20's for 40 years but when my GF orders wine, I have to show my ID and sign. I don't have a problem with that.

Sounds like you were the one that over reacted to the situation. When a delivery person asks for ID, he or she is just doing their job. They have a package that the delivery instructions state they do certain things. If you want the delivery, just do what they ask and move on.
Fair enough, to me overreacting is getting angry and shout but it could be I was defensive and should just showed ID and moved on.

You're assuming the driver knows he's delivering ammo.

Unless the box is labeled, all he knows is that it's heavy and the shipper cares enough to request a signature. Here he is, trying to do his job and you're busting his balls over "I thought this is free America."

Back
Top Bottom