Federal Canned .22lr

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone else seen this new (?) Federal offering? A sealed pull-top can, apparently made for long-term storage.

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

My only problem with ammo packaged for long-term storage is whether it will be in good shape when it is finally opened.

I picked up a can at BassPro a few months back and for the most part it cycled well in my SR22. As in any 22LR bulk package there were a few rounds that didn't cycle the slide completely and maybe one dud. I think if you are looking at them for long term storage, go for it. It seems to be packaged well, but I would have definitely preferred a more square or rectangular can, so it would fit better in the 50 cal cans I use for storage.

I've had a few of those. They do not last very long though, if that is what you are looking for.
About an hour is all, once I get to the range.

got a few at bass pro a few months back for 6 cents a round. They sit on the bottom for storage like the pacake says. shoot up other stuff first.

It's not that new......I bought two of those cans a couple of years ago. Still have them. Forgot what I paid for them but it was definitely pre full retard on 22 ammo prices.

As others have said. THey are not new. They are nitrogen packed and I bought them for $16.99 as Bass Pro over a year ago. I also saw them about 6 months ago at Four Seasons for $39.99!!!!!! Mine 3 cans are put away waiting for the zombies to arise.

"Buy it Now" $60! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=466396678
Oh...and don't forget the $15 shipping!

I checked to see if this ever sold and got this:

This auction has ended but the item has been relisted.
Click here to view the new listing: Item # 466564840

I followed the link and got a similar message with a different item number. I got tired of clicking on new item numbers after about 3-4 times. Guess he's not having any luck. [sad]

Just wonder what marketing genius thought up the tuna cans and packing in nitrogen for "long term storage?" I have cases of CCI .22's bought 25 years ago when I was shooting the GBPL and they have stored just fine. They punch paper, punch cans, punch water filled plastic milk jugs, and I'm sure will punch through anything within reason without the benefit of a tuna can or nitrogen.

Just wonder what marketing genius thought up the tuna cans and packing in nitrogen for "long term storage?" I have cases of CCI .22's bought 25 years ago when I was shooting the GBPL and they have stored just fine. They punch paper, punch cans, punch water filled plastic milk jugs, and I'm sure will punch through anything within reason without the benefit of a tuna can or nitrogen.
But did you bury them out in the back yard 25 years ago and just dig them up now? I think not!

But did you bury them out in the back yard 25 years ago and just dig them up now? I think not!

I think the general idea is based upon some valid assumptions. But how necessary it is for ammo may be debatable.

Don't try to put them on bread with cheese and put them in the toaster oven.

Back
Top Bottom