Fellow Veterans Caution!!!!

I don't know if this is true, I got it from a Service Buddy of mine, but I would not put it past the present regime (sorry) Administration

Any & All Friends AND Veterans, Take Note!

Concealed Carriers and Vets...be carefull

This one is for you Veterans. I have never heard of this before, but I thought it was important enough to pass along here.

I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found something very interesting

I would like to pass along.. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions.

1. Did I feel stressed?
2. Did I feel threatened?
3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my Concealed Carry Permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

I am a Viet Nam vet and 15 year cc permit holder. Looks like they are going after us vets." Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering Veterans and Gun Owners as potential terrorists. If you are a Veteran, you've been warned. If you know veterans, please pass this on to them.

Arnaki
USAF Retired

Right. and exactly what system is in place to allow the feds to revoke your state issued permit?

Pure internet BS. But don't take that to mean that the powers at be wouldn't like to do it.

It's a good thing Homeland Security nor the VA have a say in whether or not I get or have a CCP. It's at the sole discretion of the chief of police. And I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think the chief can obtain my medical records from the VA, or talk to DHS, about my personal and confidential medical history.

I think the nurse is full of it.

But thanks for your service, Arnaki.

For the government to do this, they would need to have you "adjudicated as mentally defective" based on those questions.

While I doubt that would stand muster in court, I wouldn't put it past the current administration to try to follow that line of thinking.

see post #3 and post #5

also, the mental health / behavioral health screen is more lengthy.

it asks about drinking, little interest or pleasure in doing things, feeling hopeless or depressed ect...

NONE of which can be shared outside of DoD unless the patient is a danger to themselves or others (homicidal / suicidal)

just to be clear, here is ONE of the many, right from the VA website. also, anyone who receives care at a DoD facility is given a similar questionere.

there is also the Pre-Deployment, Post-Deployment health assessments that are done as well.

ALL of this information is confidental and protected by the privacy act and HIPAA, unless there is a threat to self or others. 9 times out of 10, the Veteran in question will voluntarily go seek treatment on their own after some patient education or intervention by friends and family.

none of the information is released outside of DoD and YES, there are thousands of Veterans, Reservists, National Guardsmen who have deployed 3 and 4 times and participate in programs through the VA, Military One Source, Wounded Warrior Program ect.. to cope with problems from deployments.... whether is marriage counseling, family counseling (readjustment ect) and up on into the TBI and PTSD (severe).

PTSD Screening (PCL) - Manual Instructions
The following questions are a list of problems and complaints that veterans sometimes have in response to stressful military experiences. Please read each question carefully, then select the answer that indicates how much you have been bothered by that problem in the past month. Instructions on scoring and interpreting your results are located after the final question.

There is also an interactive version of this tool.

Repeated, disturbing memories, thoughts, or images of a stressful military experience?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Repeated, disturbing dreams of a stressful military experience?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Suddenly acting or feeling as if a stressful military experience were happening again (as if you were reliving it)?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Feeling very upset when something reminded you of a stressful military experience?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Having physical reactions (e.g., heart pounding, trouble breathing, sweating) when something reminded you of a stressful military experience?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Avoiding thinking about or talking about a stressful military experience or avoiding having feelings related to it?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Avoiding activities or situations because they reminded you of a stressful military experience?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Trouble remembering important parts of a stressful military experience?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Loss of interest in activities that you used to enjoy?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Feeling distant or cut off from other people?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Feeling emotionally numb or being unable to have loving feelings for those close to you?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Feeling as if your future somehow will be cut short?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Trouble falling or staying asleep?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Feeling irritable or having angry outbursts?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Having difficulty concentrating?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Being "superalert" or watchful or on guard?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

Feeling jumpy or easily startled?

Not at all
A little bit
Moderately
Quite a bit
Extremely

I've been fighting with the VA for 40 years and have learned alot. One thing you have to realise is, their going to use any thing they can to deny you compensation.

When you go there if any one asks how you feel, never say fine, good, alright or any other word like those because they can be used against you at a later date.

Just say I'm not feeling too good. That's why I'm here.

If they ask you any questions about your childhood always say. It was great, my parents and family treated me with love and respect and I never had a problem until I came out of the service.

If they ask you how you did in school as a kid say, I got all A's..

You would be amazed at how many guys have been denied because the VA says they had deep seated childhood trauma before they went into the service.

Don't forget a 70% disabilty guarntees you a 100% disabilty.. The threshold that allows you to file for the 100% disabilty starts at 60% now.

For the government to do this, they would need to have you "adjudicated as mentally defective" based on those questions.

While I doubt that would stand muster in court, I wouldn't put it past the current administration to try to follow that line of thinking.

At this point in time a number of states are looking very hard at taking away the rights of anyone who has any sort of mental health history. I talked at length with a captain of the WA State Police a few weeks ago about what I need to do in order to be able to re-qualify PI's, Bail agents and armed guards and we got to talking. He's an avid RKBA guy and he said there was a lot of movement towards anyone who had ever had any sort of hospital treatment for any mental issue at all being denied CCWs in WA. It's still in early and private discussion according to this gentleman, but it's also found some interest in other states.

In other words, someone who's feeling suicidal because their wife just dropped dead would have to choose between intensive therapy that's only offered in a hospital setting and their constitutional rights. [puke]

Under current case law, "Adjudicated Mentally Defective" is a distinction that can only be made by a judge (That's what the Adjudicated actually refers to) however we all know, that as you change who's behind the bench, the definition of words can change.

Federally, it needs to be a judge but State laws can be whatever that state decided until the Supreme Court decided to incorperate the 2nd Amendment and then hear challenges against states more restrictive processes.

Back
Top Bottom