FFL Burglary in Hampden County, MA

I shouldn't have to ask this, I have a C&R, but are they publicly available like the others? If so, and the warnings are going out to them, I'd say there is a concern at the ATF about where the perps go the address.

when searching the ATF FFL database by state I don’t see 03 license types in there. 03 is the C&R designation.

when searching the ATF FFL database by state I don’t see 03 license types in there. 03 is the C&R designation.
Hmmmm maybe someone let out a list they should have, compromised security because all the ATF guys are working from home?

I got the call today as well. Interestingly, the caller ID came up as Washington, DC windshield installers. I'm not kidding.

I was out today and I remembered that a old gun shop opened up a new gun shop and shooting range...

I stopped by and the guy was real nice, walked me around the range, talked to me about what can be shot inside...
They can handle 50 BMG on the range and have a rental gun, YEEEEE HAAAAA!!!

The gun shop was closed (Sunday) but the range was open...

I saw a sign asking for Counter Help and RSO's... So I started asking him about that...

I asked him if he had heard anything about Guns Being Stolen... I told him that I'm a C&R FFL so I got a phone call, Text and an Email about it...

Now this FLOORED ME!!!

He said "Ya that was us"!!!

The Gun Shop is Guns Inc. in WestSpringfield, MA...

He told me that there were 18 guns stolen... That the ATF was there all day and into the night Saturday and back there today (Sunday)...

I asked him if they've had any luck and he told me the the Serial Numbers for two guns have already been found in NY...

I think he said it happened between when they closed Friday night and sometime Saturday morning (he didn't say what time it happened)...

I'm sure the alarms must of gone off, I'd would guess the alarm went off... Only getting 18 guns they must of booked ass in there, grabbed the guns and ran seeing that the alarm was sounding...

Keep an eye out for that Deal That Sounds To GOOD!!!

Last edited:
C&R, no call and no Email.

I suspect BATFE is putting the word out with the thought that the guns might end up in the hands of BLM/antifa thugs and used in their rioting/looting/killing "whitey" plans.

I have an active C&R as well.

Well, at least we know what shop was hit. @DavidC77 - was there any indication what guns specifically were stolen? What were the serial numbers that turned up in NY tied to?

I got the call and the email too. I didn’t nswer the call because the caller ID read “Windshield Rpair” with a 202 area code. But the voicemail was a computer reading the same text of the email.

Well, at least we know what shop was hit. @DavidC77 - was there any indication what guns specifically were stolen? What were the serial numbers that turned up in NY tied to?
More like "how many bodies were attached to those S/Ns when they found the guns in NY?"

He didn't go into detail as to what types of guns were taken, he just said 18 guns were stolen... Same thing with the NY guns, he just said they found two of them in NY by tracking the serial numbers...

haven't had an ffl in 25 years and i got the call.
Hmmm, don't jump to any hasty conclusions about your FFL having been canceled.

I got the call today as well. Interestingly, the caller ID came up as Washington, DC windshield installers. I'm not kidding.
16850_Man_from_uncle_del_floria_1299015028.jpg

Without going into detail in regards to this recent theft of guns...

Any of you that have storefronts would be very wise to make sure you have bars on windows and doors AND put all inventory inside safes if possible.

I can't go into any details here but I'm sure that you guys are able to imagine how this happened. A little extra security would likely have prevented this one. Any extra steps between a burglar and inventory they are trying to steal can go a very long way.

Without going into detail in regards to this recent theft of guns...

Any of you that have storefronts would be very wise to make sure you have bars on windows and doors AND put all inventory inside safes if possible.

I can't go into any details here but I'm sure that you guys are able to imagine how this happened. A little extra security would likely have prevented this one. Any extra steps between a burglar and inventory they are trying to steal can go a very long way.
I thought bars on windows or store front was a requirement for FFL but I also could be way off

I thought bars on windows or store front was a requirement for FFL but I also could be way off
Mgl 140 123 “...Fourth, That no firearm, rifle or shotgun, or machine gun shall be displayed in any outer window of said premises or in any other place where it can readily be seen from the outside...”

and dealers are subject to the same storage requirements as everyone else.

I cant remember the last time I saw a gun shop with bars on the windows. I have seen them with blacked out windows so you can't see inside.

I cant remember the last time I saw a gun shop with bars on the windows. I have seen them with blacked out windows so you can't see inside.
I'm not sure if it's a requirement, but it sure as hell is a damn good idea! I'm not sure that I can think of one that doesn't have bars on the windows.

Back
Top Bottom