Finally glock got the hint.. teases on a single stack 9mm- Glock 43 Megathread

I had pondered grabbing one of these things but punching a hole in the oil pan on my car a couple weeks ago sent that idea into the shitter. [laugh]

That whole "act like a grown up" thing is really highly over-rated.

Every time I say "Aw **** it" and run the plastic anyways I usually pay for it later, too much. I'll get one eventually, probably before the ground freezes.

-Mike

Every time I say "Aw **** it" and run the plastic anyways I usually pay for it later, too much. I'll get one eventually, probably before the ground freezes.

-Mike
same here. Yet I keep doing it. Gotta treat yourself, from time to time. Kinda reminds me of why I go to work every day.

my bladetech just came in for the 43. Tight fit per usual with BT, but does the job of concealing perfectly with shorts and a t-shirt. I originally pre-ordered mine with night sights, but was told by Glock they wouldn't be shipping until june-july so switched to standard sights. Wouldn't you know the first shipment my FFL got of the 43's were all with night sights. Grabbed some Trijicon g42 sights for it so worked out.

Fired 250 rounds of target and carry ammo and everything ran flawless. I know some people hate glocks for some reason, but I have no complaints as they have never failed me once. I love the PM9, but this is the gun I've been waiting for glock to make and so far it's everything I have hoped it would be.

We've been T&E'ing a G43 with Trijicon HD nightsights. I have to say that thing has been impressive. It ate steel, brass, carry including +P stuff and never hiccuped. Only slightly smaller than the Walther PPS and a bit lighter it will make a good back-up or summer carry. Perhaps in the pocket with the flush mag?
Oleg aka Alex
Zero Hour Arms

Ran 150 rounds of ball ammo, 115 gr remington umc range ammo through it last night. No issues, no surprises. Absolutely what I expected from a Glock. A buddy and I ran it on the plate range, six inch plates at fifty feet. Aimed shooting we could hit the plates fairly easily. Shooting quickly we hit some of them, more our fault than the gun's, (yeah, we're old with bad eyes). It should l work fine as a defensive weapon, which is what I bought it for; after I test it with the ammo I'll be carrying it with.

I've been carrying the G42 in a DeSantis Intruder, (IWB hybrid holster), so I ordered the same rig for the G43. The G43 won't fit in the G42 rig, the G42 fits in the G43 rig, but it slops around just a little... The guns really aren't that much different in size. The handles are noticeably different and the slide's a bit different, but that's about it.

Time to go order the magguts kits and another magazine.

picked up a 42 , and compared to my 19 it feels like a toy.. but its so light that i will get a cancan holster and it will work for my exercise, and also summer carry without the baggy shirts and pants..

still kinda sad i lost a 26.. might pick up another someday. and probably another 19 lol..

but first i think i am going to see if anyone around here does hydro dipping.. i think this 42 needs some Muddy Girl pink camo on it..

Received the taran tactical +1 and +2 baseplates for G43. Excellent quality. Fit perfectly. A wee bit heavy but my understanding of Taran tactical's design is based on competitive shooting so the built quality makes perfect sense.

these really seem like a must-have for the G43, at least to me.

there are plenty of pics and vids up on this product so i will spare you all more pics.

A baseplate that increases both the size and weight of a pistol designed to be small and light? Sort of defeats the purpose of a small single stack firearm, no?

I guess I can see for range use or maybe as a spare magazine, but for that price, not so much.

It extends the mag by like 2 mm and gets it to 7+1. Yeah its worth it.

perhaps glock could have spent an extra 15 minutes at the drawing table and made it 7+1 from the factory.

the taran tacctical plates are excellent quality. There are a bunch of youtube videos on them. Also makes it easier to clean the mags ocasionally.

Received the taran tactical +1 and +2 baseplates for G43. Excellent quality. Fit perfectly. A wee bit heavy but my understanding of Taran tactical's design is based on competitive shooting so the built quality makes perfect sense.

these really seem like a must-have for the G43, at least to me.

there are plenty of pics and vids up on this product so i will spare you all more pics.

plan on grabbing the +1 to carry, and the +2 for my spares. Thanks for the quick review!

BTW I ordered the titanium gray color baseplates because i figured there would be less demand compared to the black baseplates. the grey ones don't match the G43 perfectly, but i still think they look cool.

approx 4 weeks ago the website stated they were backordered but i still received within 2 weeks. perhaps the story is worse (or better) now....i'm not sure.

-----

on separate note, has anyone experience w the larry vickers slide release for the G42? does it fit the G43, and if so is it any good?

thx

also worth mentioning, if you're planning to use the taran tactical baseplates, the G43 cannot operate with a grip plug as well. the reason is the taran tactical baseplates have a small metal pin that sticks upward to hold the baseplate in place....if the frame has a grip-plug installed then the magazine will not insert fully. just an FYI.

BTW I ordered the titanium gray color baseplates because i figured there would be less demand compared to the black baseplates. the grey ones don't match the G43 perfectly, but i still think they look cool.

approx 4 weeks ago the website stated they were backordered but i still received within 2 weeks. perhaps the story is worse (or better) now....i'm not sure.

-----

on separate note, has anyone experience w the larry vickers slide release for the G42? does it fit the G43, and if so is it any good?

thx

if the LV slide stop is anything like the G17 Version it should be awesome. I love mine on my G17

just my fat opinion, but at this point the G43 needs a smaller follower like the mag-guts kit. basically to bring the stock mag to 7 rounds without any extension.

Mag guts make one yet?

not available. i'm assuming they will make them for G43 given success w G42, but then again i assumed Remington actually test fired their R51's before selling them so i've been wrong a few times.

of note, Galco is now making the classic lite to fit the G43 and it's freaking awesome if you're looking for a comfy shoulder holster rig.

Last edited:
Picked up a G43 last night to replace my G42. Ordered a brand new IWB holster from Buzzards Bay Tactical, plus two Pearce pinky extensions which will increase my mag capacity +1 to 7 total rounds. Can't wait to test her out!

The taran tactical plates give +1 w essentially no grip extension....personally i prefer this. Keeps flush.

also why ditch the G42? Theyre both fantastic. Serve different purposes

I bought a G42 about 1-2 months ago and picked up a G43 about a week and a half ago. Tonight I hope to finally get a chance to play with them.

The taran tactical plates give +1 w essentially no grip extension....personally i prefer this. Keeps flush.

also why ditch the G42? Theyre both fantastic. Serve different purposes

I agree, both are awesome, but they're pretty much the same exact size, so it doesn't really do me any good. Good problems to have though. [wink]

Comparing G43 to XDs 9 and Shield 40, the G43 feels a lot lighter in hand. Maybe it's just me, because the specs aren't too far apart. And the G43 doesn't shoot like it's a flyweight. High bore axis at work? The 43 feels almost too small in my size 10 hands, but it works.

Comparing G43 to XDs 9 and Shield 40, the G43 feels a lot lighter in hand. Maybe it's just me, because the specs aren't too far apart. And the G43 doesn't shoot like it's a flyweight. High bore axis at work? The 43 feels almost too small in my size 10 hands, but it works.

Both the 42 and 43 feel so much lighter than my Shield40, I have to agree. And I love it.

Back
Top Bottom