Finally got A-ALP

I've been waiting to post this thread for a long time (Been lurking for a year or two and just started posting). I just picked up my LTC A-ALP from the police station. Here are the stats:

21/m, first time applicant, nothing on record.
NRA Basic Pistol - 6/8/08
Application Filed - 6/12/08
Fingerprinted & Photographed - 6/25/08
Licence picked up - 7/28/08 34 days (Card says issued on 7/17/08)

I am in a green town so I was fairly sure I was going to get "Restrictions: None" but you never know. All I put on the application was "All Lawful Purposes" and there was no interview, just a casual question of why I wanted it during fingerprinting. I waited till today to call and ask for an update and they said they had it.

Welcome and congratulations. In a normal state, your license would be a routine matter but here it is cause for celebration. It doesn't say much for Massachusetts, does it?

Mark L.

Congratulations! Welcome to the club. [grin]

I'm curious: what was your response to the question asked during your fingerprinting?

I just said I've been hunting since I was 16, liked target shooting and since we have guns in our house I thought it would be a good idea to get my LTC. It seemed like the licensing officer was more just making conversation than actually wanting to know. He never asked why I applied for class A or ALP, just why I applied.

I've been waiting to post this thread for a long time (Been lurking for a year or two and just started posting). I just picked up my LTC A-ALP from the police station. Here are the stats:

21/m, first time applicant, nothing on record.
NRA Basic Pistol - 6/8/08
Application Filed - 6/12/08
Fingerprinted & Photographed - 6/25/08
Licence picked up - 7/28/08 34 days (Card says issued on 7/17/08)

I am in a green town so I was fairly sure I was going to get "Restrictions: None" but you never know. All I put on the application was "All Lawful Purposes" and there was no interview, just a casual question of why I wanted it during fingerprinting. I waited till today to call and ask for an update and they said they had it.

What town do you live in?

Back
Top Bottom