• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) in Chelsea, MA - efa10 receipt failed

Creedmoor

NES Member
I (the seller) did a FTF efa10 earlier this week, but online portal failed to produce a transaction receipt. It gave me a transaction ID#.
We called and emailed [email protected], but they're completely unresponsive. I have not exhausted my transfer limit.
Has anyone walked into the FRB office? What to do?

Thank you

Last edited:
I usually screen shot the form before I submit and after. I have had problems downloading the pdf afterwards when on a mobile device.

I would keep the transaction ID# for my records and call it. My thoughts are you made a good faith effort to record the transaction, the system may or may not have failed, you can't get any response from email/call. Done.

I would email them the transaction number and ask for them to send you a copy of the eFA10 for your records. Copy yourself on the email and keep that as proof that you tried to resolve it.

I'm surprised they didn't get back to you. It happened to me and I called them and gave them the info and my E mail addy. They sent me a copy of the transaction and told me the next time it will be $25 which is the fee they charge for a copy. But that happened 3 or 4 years ago.

I (the seller) did a FTF efa10 earlier this week, but online portal failed to produce a transaction receipt. It gave me a transaction ID#.
We called and emailed [email protected], but they're completely unresponsive. I have not exhausted my transfer limit.

Thank you
I strongly recommend that you IMMEDIATELY relax, maybe pour a nice bourbon if that's your thing, and then after you've relaxed, go on with your daily life.

You already did your part. It's not on you for the state to do its part.

Only in Massachusetts government would there be a form to request a copy of a completed form that didn’t complete downloading and printing out.

I would call it done since you have the transaction number.
You fill out forms to get forms. And if you can't get the form to get the form, you fill out a form for that form.

Thank you
Nothing. You need to nothing at this point. You have done what you were supposed to, submitted it through the portal.

Its a useless database they maintain anyway. It is a database of transactions. It is not unlawful to possess a gun they do not know about. It is not unlawful to not possess a gun that was previously transferred to you. It is not unlawful to not possess a record of guns you disposed of.

Your ONLY obligation is to use the portal at the time of transfer/sale during a face to face transaction. You did that. You are done.

i don’t think you need the form since:
A. You have the transaction ID
B. Next fa10 data dump you can find your transaction on the excel file.

But if you really want a copy of the efa10 that’s the form they ask you to fill out. What I think, want or dream off is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom