• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's the current director of MA Firearms Records Bureau? Still Michaela Dunne?

Tried searching, but still can't figure out who's the current director.
Michaela Dunne seems to have transitioned to the position of the Deputy Commissioner at Massachusetts Department of Criminal Justice Information Services. Not sure if that's the same thing, just different title, or someone else is the director of MA Firearms Records Bureau now?
Thanks!

I have found that the current director isn't as accessible as Michaela was. I sent him 1 or 2 Emails this year that were never answered. Michaela used to respond via Email or phone when I contacted her. I rarely ever contact them because I don't want to be labeled as a pest.

Send me a PM with info on your issue and I may be able to make another recommendation to help.

How bad did she f*** up that she got promoted?
Say what you want about that department, Michaela put customer service into that department: call for your lost PIN, at all the gun shows so you can get your lost PIN, setting up a phone number for status check on LTC, etc. Nobody before her did any of that.

Say what you want about that department, Michaela put customer service into that department: call for your lost PIN, at all the gun shows so you can get your lost PIN, setting up a phone number for status check on LTC, etc. Nobody before her did any of that.
There you go, There is the answer. You can't have that in that state. Treating people with care and concern, recognizing that the public are your employers. That is just not the Mass. Bureaucratic way.

There you go, There is the answer. You can't have that in that state. Treating people with care and concern, recognizing that the public are your employers. That is just not the Mass. Bureaucratic way.
I would imagine that the Strap-on administration does not believe that customer service and your hall pass (LTC) have anything to do with one another. Now that I have left Massachusetts I had actually forgotten that you need a PIN as well. I do recall the number now that I think about it ha ha. Soon I hope to forget the PIN number.

I have had a bunch of interactions with her over the years. She was fantastic!! It was a refreshing change from normal MA dealings.

I have had a bunch of interactions with her over the years. She was fantastic!! It was a refreshing change from normal MA dealings.
Likewise, I've met and chatted with her numerous times. She's a really nice person and did the best job possible for her customers in that role. I know and have spoken with every director of FRB going back to when it was at MSP HQ at 1010 Comm Ave, none have done anything to help LTC/FID applicants other than Michaela.

I wonder if FRB still shows up at Mass gun shows to help folks out? I haven't been to a MA gun show in at least 6 years, so I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom