First IDPA match

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
Just shot my first IDPA match at Riverside Gun Club. What a blast, had lots of fun and made some new friends. Darius, Jon, Mike and Gene ran a great match. I was impressed with the focus on safety and the willingness to accept new shooters. I must admit I was a little nervious at first. But being a newbie they matched me with some more experienced shooters who were more than glad to help. If you have never tried IDPA and were a bit shy about competition, I would say this was more fun than competition. I felt no pressure to rush or score well. I am glad I went, just sorry it was the last outdoor match of the season. Greg

Welcome, glad you could make it. Nice shooting on the prone stage.

If you'd like, I'd be glad to give you a couple pointers on how to reload quicker. Just send me a pm.

M1911

Glad you got out to a action pistol match, they are a ton of fun and you meet some of the nicest people

Don't forget to come play with your friends in USPSA also

The entire team at Riverside is awesome. I had a great time today and I'm glad I got meet the guy that is so revered when it comes to working on 1911s! Greg- I'm the Dave that Darius introduced you to towards the end of the match.

I must say I do enjoy shooting IDPA with my Sig 229 .40!

share Greggs opinion

This was my first season shooting IDPA. I have learned quite a bit about
safety and gun handling. I have never felt any pressure to outmatch
anyone in terms of accuracy or time. I compete against myself and
just have a good time talking with like minded individuals.

Many thanks to those who prepare and put this activity on at Riverside.

JimB

It was my first time at an IDPA match too, & I had a blast. I made a bunch of mistakes, but learned from all of them.

I appreciated all of the help & advice from the seasoned IDPA shooters. Many thanks to Darius, Jon, Mike, & Gene for putting on a good match!

See y'all at the next one,

Anastasia

It was my first time at an IDPA match too, & I had a blast. I made a bunch of mistakes, but learned from all of them.

I appreciated all of the help & advice from the seasoned IDPA shooters. Many thanks to Darius, Jon, Mike, & Gene for putting on a good match!

See y'all at the next one,

Anastasia

Don't forget to take me to the next one. [wink]

Thanks for the cudos. We, the boys of Metrowest Tactical, had lots of fun confronting and overcoming the challenges of putting on a six stage match.

The match scores should be posted very soon.

Darius

Thanks for the cudos. We, the boys of Metrowest Tactical, had lots of fun confronting and overcoming the challenges of putting on a six stage match.

The match scores should be posted very soon.

Darius

It was an excellent match with challenging stages. Extensive use of the side berms meant that it didn't feel cramped even with three stages on each range.

Thanks Darius, Gene, Jon, and Michael.

I'd like to see the pics but it says I need to be a member of the group.

Where are these matches held?

What are the restrictions on equipment?

Are there limitations to magazine capacity?

Am I better off shooting my .45 single stack with 8 round mags or my Limited class .40 high cap Para?

When is the next one?

I'd like to see the pics but it says I need to be a member of the group.

Where are these matches held?

What are the restrictions on equipment?

Are there limitations to magazine capacity?

Am I better off shooting my .45 single stack with 8 round mags or my Limited class .40 high cap Para?

When is the next one?

The matches are held at the Riverside Gun Club in Hudson. If you want to join the group, visit the Riverside web site (www.riversidegc.org), look in the IDPA section and add your name to the list-serve. Once you request is approved by one of us, you'll be on the list.

Our official season for the year has ended, but we may well be running at least one more match before the end of this year.

For equipment restrictions and rules, visit www.idpa.com. Mag capacity is limited to ten rounds. Either of your guns would be great for competition.

Darius Arbabi

The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford (located in Dartmouth, MA - in between New Bedford and Fall River) has IDPA matches on the 4th Sunday of the month. Next match is this Sunday. 4 stages. This month, after the regular match, there will be a BUG (Back-Up-Gun) side match so bring your 5 shot revolvers 3" barrel or less (also auto's w/ a barrel length less than 3.8"). We start around 9:30. The November match (11/26) will be our last match of the year and will be the IDPA classifier. More info can be found at:
http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/action.htm
Feel free to come and join us.

Our official season for the year has ended, but we may well be running at least one more match before the end of this year.Darius Arbabi

Hmmm... don't know how I missed this! Let me know if you need help. If the schedule is clear I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Back
Top Bottom