First time CCW'ing in New Hampshire.

I'll be vacationing in New Hampshire for the whole week starting this Saturday with my Non-Res permit in hand. I am looking forward to CCW'ing up there and who knows... maybe I'll do a little open carry just because I damn well can.

Take that Deval. [wink]

I'll be vacationing in New Hampshire for the whole week starting this Saturday with my Non-Res permit in hand. I am looking forward to CCW'ing up there and who knows... maybe I'll do a little open carry just because I damn well can.

Take that Deval. [wink]

How does one apply for a non-res permit in NH?

How does one apply for a non-res permit in NH?

Complete the application, send it, $20 check, and a copy of your current LTC/permit in *any* state to the state of new hampshire and current sounds like wait about 2-3 months.

Take that Deval. [wink]

Yeah, and now your CLEO is going to read this and determine you to be unsuitable for dissing Devour.

Complete the application, send it, $20 check, and a copy of your current LTC/permit in *any* state to the state of new hampshire and current sounds like wait about 2-3 months.

I have a NH non-resident LTC. I COULD be wrong on this, but I have a vague recollection from my application process that NH will not issue a non-resident LTC if your current LTC/permit is from a state with which they already have reciprocity.

The point being that if they offer reciprocity to your current state, you don't need a NH non-resident permit.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Last edited:
I have a NH non-resident LTC. I COULD be wrong on this, but I have a vague recollection from my application process that NH will not issue a non-resident LTC if your current LTC/permit is from a state with which they already have reciprocity.

The point being that if they offer reciprocity to your current state, you don't need a NH non-resident permit.

Negatory

No idea, but considering most people posting on here are from MA or NH it doesn't make a difference..because MA doesn't have reciprocity....

well yeah, if you lived in a state that had reciprocity, why bother applying for the NH one?

The *ONLY* thing I can it being beneficial for is putting to rest any debate should it be discovered you are carrying a firearm. Remember, police officers are near the bottom of the rung in terms of who actually understands firearm laws. Just ask the Manchester PD!

Remember, police officers are near the bottom of the rung in terms of who actually understands firearm laws. Just ask the Manchester PD!

They've got a good understanding. Me Police, you peon. You no have guns. Gimme gun. I point bang end at you and pull trigger then see who boss.

Even though you can carry in the open, I would definately carry concealed.... you dont want the bad guys knowing until last second..... just my opinion though....

Never heard of this. Smells like "gun store commando" talk. [grin] At least there's nothing in RSA's that addresses it. There might be some stupid administrative thing at the permits and licensing unit, but I kinda doubt it. It's a moot point in the northeast because none of the states up here have reciprocity with NH anyways.

-Mike

i believe you need a nh license to carry there as i have several friends that have both ma and nh.

Only to conceal carry do you need a license in NH (in a car is concealed; need ammo/mag separate from pistol).

Back
Top Bottom