First time shooting .45 acp plus kudos to fellow NES member

Karen had her safety course/class today. Our instructor Jim (NES name Buck Nekid) was the instructor and it was such a better experience then when I had taken my course in a class room setting. It was just him, Karen and myself.
When it came to range time he let me shoot his Smith and Wesson 1911 and WOW!!! At 10 yards I was grouping within 2-3 inches!!! I was so proud! [smile] I am going to have to get one for my self!!!!
Karen was doing pretty good with the revolver and I am glad to see she is getting so interested in firearms. She is very excited to get her license and it was a good experience when we got into the MA laws section and she got to see exactly what we have to deal with. One more person on the good side!!! While shooting she kept bugging me to "shoot the head" of our target. Karen studies the brain at school I guess she understands better then most the effect of a bullet through the head...My Avatar was picked by her. She tells me that the brain in the jar is mine and she is going to carry it around with her... [rofl]
If you are looking for a personable experience while still gaining a lot of knowledge in a friendly setting you should contact Buck Nekid for a class.

Last edited:
Datarock, thanks for the kind words. There's nothing like the grin that comes over the face of a first-time 1911 shooter and you had it ear-to-ear! I'm glad you two enjoyed yourselves--I certainly did too. That's when this forum is at its best. Connecting like-minded folks who want to enjoy this great sport. Karen did very well and I was impressed by her willingness to try something new and different.
Good luck to you both.

I became a convert to ol' slabsides during my time in the Marines, when I carried one on a daily basis.

She tells me that the brain in the jar is mine and she is going to carry it around with her....

Hey at least she doesn't want to carry something else (or to be more precise a couple of things...hehehe) of your's in the jar....LOL.......Congrats on the course and Yes 1911's ROCK!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom