• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fixing/Pinning a Hogue Overmolded

Does anyone have a Hogue Overmolded stock that they've been able to fix/pin? I bought a Magpul MOE fixed and it's just too short for me at 6'4"...

I've seen people "pin" Magpul adjustable stocks with just a paper clip through a hole in the spring on the level, seems to work and keep it "fixed" and that's enough for me. It looks like the Hogue has that same opening that I could force a paper clip through, but I don't want to spend the money to find out I'm wrong.

I don't want to start drilling a stock or my buffer either, so I'm not entertaining those ideas...

Also any recommendations for stocks in the $50 or less range are appreciated. I like the idea of stability of the fixed stock, but there's a trade off I guess...

I haven't tried it on that Hogue, but if you drive out the roll pin retaining the spring and adjuster pin, find a bit of rod or drill bit that fits inside the ID of the coil spring long enough to prevent the latch from pulling the adjuster out, drive roll pin back in. The spring will still keep the adjuster from rattling in your ear as it would if you replaced the coil spring with a solid rod. Similar to how shotgun tube magazine limiter rods work.

I've used the Magpul version from AIM Sports and it works fine. There are recent Reddit forums that claim success on Hogue overmolded stocks with this.

Back
Top Bottom