FNX45

Nice purchase. I hear theyre great guns. The lack of proper capacity mags for them in commiechusetts does make them seem unnecessarily big and clunky though.

Yuck unless they put in bigger recoil springs I don't want any of their 9 offerings

Recoil springs are available to tune your pistol. Try Wolff. This FN looks like quite a pistol. A DA auto with the thumb safety in the proper location.

Nice purchase! I've been looking at getting one of those for my next handgun.

Let us know your opinions on it vs a sig220

I've got one in the tactical flavor. Compared to my P220, it feels like it's made out of LEGOS. But, the FNX is very easy to be accurate with, and the recoil is a mild push. One thing I don't like about it is the front strap - it's got small ribs on it instead of checkering. I'd prefer the checkering (pyramids?). Bonus is the replaceable rails. I like it, and will likely pick up one of the standard FNX 45s.

soft shooter. overall nice gun. i ended up selling mine because didn't dig the way grip fit my hand, but that's obviously subjective. no knock on the gun. it shoots great.

i am still loyal to the P220, P227 and glock 21. but honestly anything that slings a 45acp is cool with me!

Last edited:
I just bought an FNS-9 myself and did some research on the FNS/FNP/FNX models, and I stumbled onto this:

FNP-45 Tactical Blew Up

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/11/potd-fnp-45-tactical-blew/

14516332_10100819949731488_2346189254536589224_n.jpg

The only difference I could find between the FNP-45 and FNX-45 is the magazines, the FNX uses a redesigned mag that is NOT compatible with the FNP.

Famous last words: "I guess I should have detailed the ammo. These were reloads ..."

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

nice grab interested in youre response on how you like it. they say recoil on the fns are very smooth enjoy.

I bought this same FDE one a few weeks ago. Getting 3 magazines is a nice bonus. I notice some dealers advertising 2 magazines. Is the FDE one the only one with 3 magazines or are they removing a magazine to sell separately.?
All 3 versions ( FDE, black frame silver slide & the all black ) had 3 mags....

soft shooter. overall nice gun. i ended up selling mine because didn't dig the way grip fit my hand, but that's obviously subjective. no knock on the gun. it shoots great.

i am still loyal to the P220, P227 and glock 21. but honestly anything that slings a 45acp is cool with me!

Have you tried the HK45?

So I see this on the new EOPS roster: FN-9 MS BK/BK-FT-S

I think this is an FNS-9 w/ manual safety.

It's not an FNX-9, cause that is also listed: FNX-9 MS BK/WT-FT-S

I don't really want a manual safety config anyway, just FYI for people who do.

Varmint said:
So I see this on the new EOPS roster: FN-9 MS BK/BK-FT-S

I think this is an FNS-9 w/ manual safety.

It's not an FNX-9, cause that is also listed: FNX-9 MS BK/WT-FT-S

I don't really want a manual safety config anyway, just FYI for people who do.

If I am not mistaken it is a typo, it is meant to be FNX-9 MS BK/BK-FT-S black on black, the one you list is a stainless slide on black frame.

By the way I would still like to hear how the FNX vs P220 comparison went.

I have owned both and still have the P220. the FNX-45 I sold. they shoot quite differently. the FNX-45 is substantially softer to shoot and can be shot quicker. the sig has more muzzle flip presumably due to the bore height. both triggers are nice but i would give slight edge to the sig. overall i think they're both fantastic 45 pistols. the FNX-45 just didn't fit my hand all that comfortably which is why i sold it.

to me the FNX-45 shoots similarly to the glock 21, which means almost no muzzle flip and very soft shooter. if somebody wants a hammer fired DA/SA analogous to the G21 I would say go with the FNX-45.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried the HK45?

yes I dig the HK45. sold the compact model but kept the full size. my only issue was my trigger finger would occasionally engage the mag release on L side of the pistol. this occurred while firing. the mag would drop. i thought at first it was a defective mag retention but it was my fat finger. i installed the larger backstrap to increase the grip size and the issue disappeared.

Been trying to motivate on funding a 1911, but I am really leaning towards the FNX 45 Tactical right now. Was reading reviews yesterday and I think they've got their hooks in me.