• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For the reloader that has everything, you need a brass sorter

I think I'll pass [wink]

It might be time consuming to sort brass, but the time is well spent to catch split shells or berdan primed brass in the mix. Plus I still have my hearing afterwards [laugh]

I just got these, and it works great:

847836.jpg

They're on sale at midway USA:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=847836

All that sound and fury, and they have to go back for a "secondary sort" to get it right?
I'll stick to sorting by hand and keeping my brass separated from the range... (pretty easy when you shoot mostly wheelguns)

Yeah, and just the aluminum plate costs as much as the rest of the set.

I look at every piece of 9mm before it goes into my press (too many similar oddballs to worry about.... 380's, 9mm Mak, etc, etc, etc), so the few 380's that I bump into aren't worth buying the insert.

I was conversing with the guy who makes those multi colored sorters, there is a metal insert to sort out .380 cases too.

Looks like an interesting tool for someone who needs to sort huge quantities of range brass. Personally if the brass comes from myh gun then it does not need sorting and the amounts of brass I find at the locval ranges can be sorted in a few minuites by hand. This also provides me the opportunity to remove any Berdan primed and steel cased brass as well as brass with undesireable headstamps such as AMERC.

Back
Top Bottom