Former MMA fighter Tyler East shot and killed in New Mexico

Reptile

NES Member

Authorities responded to the home for a domestic violence call​

Former MMA fighter Tyler East was shot and killed in New Mexico this week, authorities said.

East, 30, was found dead Monday at a residence in Los Lunas, about 25 miles south of Albuquerque, the New Mexico State Police said Tuesday.

The Valencia County Sheriff's Office responded to the home on a domestic violence call and found a woman and a man, later identified as East, suffering from gunshot wounds, the release said.

The New Mexico State Police Investigations Bureau learned that East had shot his girlfriend, and then dragged her out of the residence during a domestic dispute. He was then allegedly shot by another man at the residence.

East was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police. His girlfriend was transported to a hospital in Albuquerque where she was in stable condition as of Tuesday.

East, the brother of former UFC fighter Cody East, competed 21 times as a professional MMA fighter from 2009 to 2016, according to MMA Junkie, a news website that covers mixed martial arts.

Nicknamed "The Beast," his professional MMA record was 15-6-0.

Authorities responded to the home for a domestic violence call​

Former MMA fighter Tyler East was shot and killed in New Mexico this week, authorities said.

East, 30, was found dead Monday at a residence in Los Lunas, about 25 miles south of Albuquerque, the New Mexico State Police said Tuesday.

The Valencia County Sheriff's Office responded to the home on a domestic violence call and found a woman and a man, later identified as East, suffering from gunshot wounds, the release said.

The New Mexico State Police Investigations Bureau learned that East had shot his girlfriend, and then dragged her out of the residence during a domestic dispute. He was then allegedly shot by another man at the residence.

East was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police. His girlfriend was transported to a hospital in Albuquerque where she was in stable condition as of Tuesday.

East, the brother of former UFC fighter Cody East, competed 21 times as a professional MMA fighter from 2009 to 2016, according to MMA Junkie, a news website that covers mixed martial arts.

Nicknamed "The Beast," his professional MMA record was 15-6-0.

Hes got those dont give a f*** eyes...

Cody “The Freight Train” East has a record of 13-6, he’s a little more well-known.

Looks like from the story, Tyler was going to execute his GF outside his residence and before he could a samaritan intervened by shooting him dead and then left the scene before police could arrive. Definitely didn’t look like this guy was that innocent in this case.

Even though its hypothetical I feel like it has to be accurate. CTE is real, and sometimes men who have been involved in violent sports develop a complex/persona and think they can do anything with zero consequence. Look at Aaron Hernandez. I’m sure this guy dragged her outside, gangster style, for the spectacle of it the bystander saw that and he intervened just in the nick of time.

I have a cousin who’s around 30 and likely institutionalized for the rest of his life. Super smart family, he had started attending an Ivy League college with his whole future ahead of him and then out of nowhere just completely lost it. He played football (which is believed to have caused the injuries) and is a big kid, so when he started with the serious delusional psychotic shit, believing people were after him and that he needed to kill other people the family had no choice. He never shook it off. Fortunately for everyone involved and society at large they can afford to keep him cared for and off the streets, but he posed a very real and deadly threat to everyone around him otherwise. The doctors blamed the repeated head injuries.

I'm sorry for him. But that sounds like schizophrenia, and that's not caused by concussions.

Hope he finds peace.

I'm sorry for him. But that sounds like schizophrenia, and that's not caused by concussions.

Hope he finds peace.

I’m sure I don’t have the diagnosis or even necessarily the symptoms exactly right, but the doctors blamed brain injury. He was a lineman who had apparently had some pretty bad concussions.

I have a cousin who’s around 30 and likely institutionalized for the rest of his life. Super smart family, he had started attending an Ivy League college with his whole future ahead of him and then out of nowhere just completely lost it. He played football (which is believed to have caused the injuries) and is a big kid, so when he started with the serious delusional psychotic shit, believing people were after him and that he needed to kill other people the family had no choice. He never shook it off. Fortunately for everyone involved and society at large they can afford to keep him cared for and off the streets, but he posed a very real and deadly threat to everyone around him otherwise. The doctors blamed the repeated head injuries.
That’s terrible man. I’m sure they did CAT scans and it revealed similar damage to what you’d expect from early forms of CTE. Playing highschool and college ball is no joke, especially in college when you get a stinger and they shoot you up with Toradol and put you back in the game. If you’re a D linebacker and you’re getting micro-concussions the whole game it can really add up.

Hope he finds peace.
Symptoms for moderate to severe CTE may resemble forms of schizophrenia. It affects the same parts of your brain which you would see through typical imaging modalities.

Even though its hypothetical I feel like it has to be accurate. CTE is real, and sometimes men who have been involved in violent sports develop a complex/persona and think they can do anything with zero consequence. Look at Aaron Hernandez. I’m sure this guy dragged her outside, gangster style, for the spectacle of it the bystander saw that and he intervened just in the nick of time.
A-aron is a bad example.... he smoked a metric s ton of pcp too...he may have had cte... but corrupted sample

That’s terrible man. I’m sure they did CAT scans and it revealed similar damage to what you’d expect from early forms of CTE. Playing highschool and college ball is no joke, especially in college when you get a stinger and they shoot you up with Toradol and put you back in the game. If you’re a D linebacker and you’re getting micro-concussions the whole game it can really add up.
We would sniff the ammonia and go back in.

Back
Top Bottom