Former NorEaster now a damn yankee down south

Glad your happy. I was a Yankee in gun friendly Florida and could not wait to leave. They may be gun friendly down south but it's hard to find a real rifle range. Plenty of public pistol ranges but nothing but YAHOOS shooting cans at 25 yards anywhere else. I live in R.I. and within an hour and a half radius I can probably go to 50 ranges with some out to 600 yards. Your best bet is to find someone who owns a large parcel of land and shoot there.

Glad your happy. I was a Yankee in gun friendly Florida and could not wait to leave. They may be gun friendly down south but it's hard to find a real rifle range. Plenty of public pistol ranges but nothing but YAHOOS shooting cans at 25 yards anywhere else. I live in R.I. and within an hour and a half radius I can probably go to 50 ranges with some out to 600 yards. Your best bet is to find someone who owns a large parcel of land and shoot there.
got plenty of areas to shoot here in south carolina.

Welcome neighbor from Pickens County SC. Glad to have you.

@polska1957 nails it. A lot of 100 yard public ranges but I have to go 1-1/2 hours to GA just to get to 400 yards. There is 1,000 in NC that is just a bit further that I'll be hitting up soon.

Pennsylvania is not Northeast: more like Northeast adjacent. CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME are Northeast. That said, if your soul is that of a Yankee, welcome!
I shit you not, everyone down here is a Yankee if you are not from the south. I met a guy that moved to SC 5 years ago from Alaska. Born and raised in Alaska. He was telling me everyone calls him a Yankee. Haha.
got plenty of areas to shoot here in south carolina.
What area of SC are you? Upstate here.

Try this place, they changed hand about a year ago and the web site is not working but they have a 1000 yard rife range as well as just about anything you could want at a range.

I went there every time I would visit Dukeinflorida, he was a RSO so I got in for free ($20. for non members and guest) I always had fun.

Try this place, they changed hand about a year ago and the web site is not working but they have a 1000 yard rife range as well as just about anything you could want at a range.

I went there every time I would visit Dukeinflorida, he was a RSO so I got in for free ($20. for non members and guest) I always had fun.
will give it a shot (pun Intended).

Pennsylvania is not Northeast: more like Northeast adjacent. CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME are Northeast. That said, if your soul is that of a Yankee, welcome!

NY, PA & NJ are considered North East, while only ME, VT, NH, CT, MA & RI are New England, which is part of the North East.
Ever wonder why the Yankees are a New York team and not a New England team ???

Ever wonder why the Yankees are a New York team and not a New England team ???
Because if they kept the original name, Baltimore Orioles, or kept the "New York Highlanders", named after a British military regiment, they would not be in business 100 years later. So they changed it to the most patriotic name they could think of at the time.

Range choices in SW FL certainly are limited which was not what I was expecting when I moved. We have one monster range inland but it's incredibly expensive to use.

name is chris
first 37 years of life : lived in pennsylvania
last 18 years of life : living in gun friendly south carolina

never planning on leaving the south.
Welcome to NES.

I lived in the deep south when I was young and was stationed at Lejeune, and have thought about heading south when I retire. But will have to come back a few times a year for decent pizza and Italian food.

Back
Top Bottom