Found this on Deval Patrick's Myspace

Shane

Banned
He posted a bulletin telling people to come to his page and read a letter he received regarding gun violence. Here it goes:

Gun violence affects us all
As somebody who experienced gun violence in New Bedford, I cannot understand how anyone who cares about our young people can support Kerry Healey.
First, she said she would support the state's gun laws. Now she says she will take the power to issue gun licenses away from the local police chiefs and give that power to her own appointees.
No wonder she received the endorsement of gun owners who want to weaken state gun laws.
A couple of days ago, Deval Patrick was endorsed by the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence.
He grew up in a tough Chicago neighborhood, so he knows how gangs operate. He has promised to hire more police to stop shipments of illegal weapons before AK-47s and worse stuff can reach our streets.
This issue is very dear to me because my family has been affected by guns. I watched my 14-year-old brother take a bullet through the heart and pass on right before my eyes.
My other brother took a bullet and lived, and I also took a bullet and lived. That is three out of the four boys my mother has. I also have a half-brother by my father, whose brother was murdered in the presence of his mother.
I personally know 27 people who were murdered in cold blood right here in New Bedford. This is not only my issue, but everyone's issue. Public safety directly affects our economic situation, which affects every other issue I can think of. After watching my mother in a state of shock, not even being able to cry for two weeks, it hits home every time another mother goes through this same situation.
I produced a documentary called "13- by 3-mile Problem," going into the homes of murder victims and getting the same story after story.
Doing this documentary consumed me to the point of reliving the worst situation I ever had to go through.
Looking at my family's deep Cape Verdean history proves that violence can happen to anyone at anytime, and I wish this on no one.
These mothers are sitting home with very little hope. We can make a stand and give them their hope back if we elect Deval Patrick our governor in November.
MICHAEL SANTOS
New Bedford

27 people eh? He must have known every murder victim here in New Bedford. I've lived here all my life and can't even remember 27 murders taking place here.

Gee... you think there might be a problem with his family history and/or the people he hangs out with?

He personally knows 27 people that were murdered! WTF! And he has the audacity to blame it on guns?

I'm 50 years old, have owned and been around guns for at least 32 of those years. I know (or have known), dozens of gun owners. I've lived in at least a half-dozen or more different communities (a few which could be called "unsafe" or "crime ridden), and I have never "personally" known a single person that was murdered or had been shot... come to think of it... I don't even know anybody who knows somebody that has been murdered.

Maybe myself and millions of other gun owners are doing something wrong or just not hanging out with the right people?

Hand-wringing, pin-headed, s**t-heels like like Santos can go take a flying f**K at a rolling donut.

His video is on Google... (1hr 3min)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=224883827341930580

Its not a gun problem-- its a New Bedford/Dorchester/Roxbury/etc problem.

How about more enforcement? Let the People have all the guns they want, and do with them whatever they want. If laws everyone believes in such as murder are enforced, the bad people will go away very quickly (jail... how about the death penalty??)

Good people can have guns, and when a bad person commits a crime (such as murder or attemped murder) --it doesnt matter if it was with a gun or a ballpoint pen--they go away for good.

Why blame inanimate objects?

Last edited:
maybe if he and his brothers weren't ganstas when they were younger they probably wouldn't have been shot.

My first comment:

My father and I go target shooting at the range all the time. We are both licensed to own firearms.

We've never hurt anybody. It's a fun hobby which brings us closer together.

It's a rights issue, not a public safety issue.

Did the guys who shot you and your brother have firearms licenses?

If not, then why would more gun laws protect anybody?

My second comment:

And if the person who shot you and your brother(s) were licensed, does that mean that the thousands upon thousands of law-abiding gun owners in this state should be stripped of their firearms because you live in a crime ridden neighborhood?

Is your neighborhood inherently crime ridden, or could the people who live there, as well as the people you associate with, share some of the blame?

maybe if he and his brothers weren't ganstas when they were younger they probably wouldn't have been shot.

no shit they were probably f***in' drug dealers. the guy who made that stupid documentary was also probably a drug dealer. i love how they put 2pac instrumentals on their stop the gun violence documentary. if i remember correctly, 2pac loved guns, threatened others with murder, and *tada* wound up murdered himself.

was new bedford always like this or did their crime problem and new demographics go hand in hand?

was new bedford always like this or did their crime problem and new demographics go hand in hand?

Its always been pretty bad here but it started getting really bad when most of the immigrants came specifically for the welfare and drugs. Thats no BS either. I've been told by plenty of them thats the reason they moved here.

That little bastard on there called me ignorant.

He claims VT and NH have lower murder rates because MA has more people?

Is this valid?

I thought murder rates were measured per 100,000 and such...Does total population make a difference? Someone give me some verbal ammunition for this toolbox.

I just posted Sigmund Freud's quote about fear of weapons and retarded sexual and emotional maturity. I hope he likes it.

Is this valid?

I thought murder rates were measured per 100,000 and such...Does total population make a difference? Someone give me some verbal ammunition for this toolbox.

I just posted Sigmund Freud's quote about fear of weapons and retarded sexual and emotional maturity. I hope he likes it.

Yes, and for a variety of reasons. When you have a higher population density, not only does the number of crimes increase, but crime rate goes up too.

Here are some of the reasons:

Stable, close-knit populations have a lower overall crime rate than transient populations. Neighborhoods with more houses and condominiums (generally signifiying a more stable population) have a lower crime rate than neighborhoods with mostly apartments (generally a more transient population). Cities (crowded places) have a higher percentage of apartments than rural areas.

Street Layout - Areas with major streets offering fast getaways and mass transportation show more crime clusters than neighborhoods with primarily residential streets.

Access to Public transportation - Criminals are often indigent and cannot afford cars or other expensive forms of transportation. Areas near public transportation, and particularly subways, witness a higher crime rate-particularly robbery and larceny-than more inaccessable areas.

Age composition of population - A higher population in the "at risk" age group of 15–24 leads to a higher crime rate. More crimes are committed by and against people in this age group. Cities have a higher population (%-wise) of young people. Massachusetts also has a lot of colleges.

Unfortunately, the "little bastard" was right.

Is this valid?

It is, but your numbers are likely still correct. Is it our fault that MA has
a bunch of "big dump cities" in it where crime and drugs are a problem? If
you could erase a dozen or so cities from this state, 98% of the "crime problem"
would be gone overnight.

-Mike

you could erase a dozen or so cities from this state, 98% of the "crime problem"
would be gone overnight.

[cheers]
I'll drink to that.

Is this valid?

Shane
After reading the Blog , You can easly see how the younger generation has been brain washed in school , and Lings is a perfect example of that , plus the mind and intellegence of Devil's supporters.
Bob

Gee... you think there might be a problem with his family history and/or the people he hangs out with?

He personally knows 27 people that were murdered! WTF! And he has the audacity to blame it on guns?

I'm 50 years old, have owned and been around guns for at least 32 of those years. I know (or have known), dozens of gun owners. I've lived in at least a half-dozen or more different communities (a few which could be called "unsafe" or "crime ridden), and I have never "personally" known a single person that was murdered or had been shot... come to think of it... I don't even know anybody who knows somebody that has been murdered.

Maybe myself and millions of other gun owners are doing something wrong or just not hanging out with the right people?

Hand-wringing, pin-headed, s**t-heels like like Santos can go take a flying f**K at a rolling donut.

His video is on Google... (1hr 3min)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=224883827341930580

I just watched that whole video, and I have 2 things to say.

1: There is no need for a monument in a park with the names of slain gang bangers on it. (it's around minute 49ish)

2: Attention Parents of New Bedford, get a handle on your f***ing kids.

would be gone overnight.

-Mike

Gotta agree with that 1, the oceanfront part of Boston is cool, the westside is a shithole as is every other city in that state.

If someone knows 27 people that were shot, theres a realy good chance they are hanging with the wrong crowd, normal people would have figured that out after the 1st or second shooting

When and if these criminals can or could vote, who do you suppose they would or could vote for? Not much different than Islamofascists supporting liberal democraps. And I'll bet there's more than a few of our armed servicemen in Iraq who don't even know 27 of their own troops that have been killed. That really is a WTF thing to say!

I not watched the video nor do I intend to cause it's probably the same old tired song and dance "the Govt has to do..." From what has been said here this CLOWN wants a monument? How bout we give them each a Darwin award for removing themselves from the gene pool? I'm 56 and I have had 2 maybe 3 friends killed because of being around the wrong crowd. If you lie down with dogs you're gonna get fleas

I not watched the video nor do I intend to cause it's probably the same old tired song and dance "the Govt has to do..." From what has been said here this CLOWN wants a monument? How bout we give them each a Darwin award for removing themselves from the gene pool? I'm 56 and I have had 2 maybe 3 friends killed because of being around the wrong crowd. If you lie down with dogs you're gonna get fleas

You misunderstood, there is a monument, they're talking about expanding it.

Back
Top Bottom