From one old soldier to another

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
I want to give a big shout out to @Skysoldier. As some of you guys know he is a Vietnam Veteran and through the years we have spoken a few times via PM since he knows my Father was a Marine In Vietnam back in 1968 as a grunt. My father is a F’ked up Individual from his time over there, becoming a heroin addict and having a serious case of survivors guilt when he came home. He doesn’t talk about much of it but one story I get from him that really bothers him to this day is when he was walking through the jungle and for no reason at all stepped over a patch of grass and didn’t give it a second thought and Ofcourse the guy behind him walking the same path and direction got both his legs blown off. I can only image how much that bothers him and how much it effected him dwelling on it. He is a quiet veteran, no hats or car stickers, when he is out in public nobody knows he is a Vet except for his tattoo on his forearm. The other day Kim asks for my address because he has something for my Old Man, so I give it to him and yesterday in the mail it came. It’s a commemorative Iwo Jima Flag Raising stamp set. My father was suprised and it put a smile on his face. He is not a computer or cell phone guy and made me promise to thank Kim and that’s what I’m doing. Good timing since today is his 71st Birthday Thank You again Kim! From Me and my Old Man!A8B079FC-3430-41CF-BD57-F08F1B7BD204.jpeg

I want to give a big shout out to @Skysoldier. As some of you guys know he is a Vietnam Veteran and through the years we have spoken a few times via PM since he knows my Father was a Marine In Vietnam back in 1968 as a grunt. My father is a F’ked up Individual from his time over there, becoming a heroin addict and having a serious case of survivors guilt when he came home. He doesn’t talk about much of it but one story I get from him that really bothers him to this day is when he was walking through the jungle and for no reason at all stepped over a patch of grass and didn’t give it a second thought and Ofcourse the guy behind him walking the same path and direction got both his legs blown off. I can only image how much that bothers him and how much it effected him dwelling on it. He is a quiet veteran, no hats or car stickers, when he is out in public nobody knows he is a Vet except for his tattoo on his forearm. The other day Kim asks for my address because he has something for my Old Man, so I give it to him and yesterday in the mail it came. It’s a commemorative Iwo Jima Flag Raising stamp set. My father was suprised and it put a smile on his face. He is not a computer or cell phone guy and made me promise to thank Kim and that’s what I’m doing. Good timing since today is his 71st Birthday Thank You again Kim! From Me and my Old Man!View attachment 391003
Outstanding!!!!

I was lucky enough to win one of those framed stamp sets from Skysoldier in a karma he did a couple of years ago. I display it proudly in my office. It holds a special place for me because my Dad was a WWII Marine in the South Pacific.

I hope your Dad had a nice birthday and you celebrate many more with him. Semper Fi Marine.

I was lucky enough to win one of those framed stamp sets from Skysoldier in a karma he did a couple of years ago. I display it proudly in my office. It holds a special place for me because my Dad was a WWII Marine in the South Pacific.

I hope your Dad had a nice birthday and you celebrate many more with him. Semper Fi Marine.
My Father has the utmost respect for fellow servicemen whether your an Airman, Sailor or Soldier but he always talks about how the WW2 Marines in the Pacific as some of countries bravest, and from the greatest generation. I’m sure your very proud of your fathers service, I thank him for it.
As I thank all veterans old and new.

Happy Birthday to your Pops.

Regardless of todays and yesterdays climate, and whatever dark struggles he has been through, he is truly a living legend in the eyes of many of us.
I hope he stays strong and you and him have many more good years together.

🤓 Paul

Your Dad is only a year younger than me, so i think of him as a Brother.
And he is lucky to have a Son like you.

Tell him i said "Happy Birthday F**ker!"
LMAO and thank you Kim, I’m going to have to correct you though, I’m lucky to have a father like him 👍👍. He said thank you “Old Timer” 😂

If there was any justice, America would have spit on Jane Fonda and the rest of her spoiled brat, treasonous idiots, and welcomed our service people home. The fact that the bitch has still not done anything to atone for giving aid and comfort to the enemy frosts my butt.

Back
Top Bottom