Front sling swivel for Mossberg 500

Titan

Banned
I have a new Mossberg 500 Persuader and need some help regarding the front sling swivel.

The stud is in the box in a small brown envelope, but there is no bored and tapped hole along the entire underside of the mag extension or forend.

The mag tube runs all the way to the end of the barrel, and has no bored and tapped hole on the takedown screw either.

What do others do to mount a front sling swivel on this model?

I've also posed the same question to Mossberg, but am hoping there's some input here while I wait for a reply. Perhaps some creative approaches to a sling for this gun.

There should be a tapped hole on your magazine cap...If not, then you'll need to have Mossberg send you one. All the 500's we have at DSG have a tapped hole in the magazine tube cap - including the Persuaders...

There's definitely no hole. It looks like I'll need a new part from Mossberg as you suggest.

I disagree on the customer service... Do it via e-mail. I did and had a response in less than a day. Also got my front swivel stud shipped in a timely manner. I was missing the part in my pkg. on a new 500 ...

I disagree on the customer service... Do it via e-mail. I did and had a response in less than a day. Also got my front swivel stud shipped in a timely manner. I was missing the part in my pkg. on a new 500 ...
Obviously then experiences vary. Mine was many unanswered calls, messages and emails.

I did send an email and got a reply last night. They say they're sending a new part right out. I'm pretty pleased with the response.

If for any reason the part never shows, I'll avoid wasting any more time and get it from Midway as Mark suggested.

I also came across this neat item from ATI...

Barrel_Mag_Clamp1.jpg

It mounts either between the barrel and mag tube, or from the mag tube to allow you to mount a tactical flashlight.

This would also give me the ability to position the swivel stud at a better location than all the way at the end of the barrel. I could mount it wherever I want as long as it's forward of the forend.

Something to think about for less than $10.00.

Back
Top Bottom