Frustration with the Mass Rifle Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twine might work.

Yes, I've run a range. Twine will work. You aren't willing to back up your position, unless you consider driving away probably the safest and least problematic members of your club "backing up your position".

Control? To what end? Add $2.25 and the fact I am a BOD member, and I could get a cup of coffee[grin]

Ohhh, by the way the range reservation "problem" has been solved by the forum.

Who knows to what end? From here, it seems the end is just feeding an overblown ego. The range reservation problem would have been solved quicker, and better, by giving up some of your control and taking my suggestion.

Last edited:
If you are charging people extra so to not have to do the work requirement then why are you not using that money to hire someone to do the work they are not doing and needs to get done??

MassMan, if you attempt to create another TROLL account I will ban all of your IP addresses.

Yes, I've run a range. Twine will work. You aren't willing to back up your position, unless you consider driving away probably the safest and least problematic members of your club "backing up your position".

The sad part is that a simple ball of twine would've made a world of difference there...I don't think I've been the the Loeb once in the last 2 years when there hasn't been at least one if not two lanes closed down because something was broken...Something as simple as a new line would've done the trick several of those times, too. [thinking]

Ohhh, by the way the range reservation "problem" has been solved by the forum.

I doubt this is true. In post#2 of this thread vellnueve says that on 9/22/2008 he went to the range expecting to be able to use it but when he got there he found a sign saying that the range was closed. I just went to the MRA forum and found NO mention of the range closure on the calender and could not find a thread about it.

I also find NO mention of it on the official website.

So, the range reservation "problem" has NOT been solved by the forum.

/John

Massman has a point. Instead of complaining here or dropping out of the club, you should first make your views known to the club officers. I have a few complaints myself, but I still value my membership and appreciate work done by the club officers for no compensation and very little recognition.

+1 to what Gammon said.

It's an interesting fact that EVERYONE either volunteers as required or pays more to make up for it, yet you don't consider them contributing. Your attitude towards members is part of the club's problem. In my humble opinion, you should step down.

Martlet - you really don't have a clue... Massman is an asset to MRA. Masman has been responsible for getting the last 1/2 dozen major projects completed at the club. Without his assistance much of these projects would not have been completed.

Masman does not volunteer his time to help for his ego - he volunteers for the betterment of Mass Rifle and his love of the shooting sports.

...The last time I offered a few suggestions, I was told to put it in writing, present it to the board, give them something to read, then return for another meeting. You don't want suggestions, you'd rather stay there on your elitist "poor me, I'm a BOD member and you all suck" soap box and look down your nose at the riff raff.

Shame on you for suggesting that Masman is an elitistist.
The submission of any proposal to the BOD is required in "writing".
Comments and/or approvals are typically given at the following months BOD meeting.
As I understand it, this rule was put in place so that a member with a "Proposal" could list his proposal and allow the Board to read and discuss the proposal. The BOD consists of 17 Directors all of which have the right to weigh in on any given proposal.

I was on the Board of Directors at Mass Rifle for about five years - I left due to family, work and shooting commitments.

My frustration then and now as a member - is the attitude of members who constantly bitch, suggest possible solutions but never follow thru.

It's really easy to point fingers at a Director and cast blame - one thing you need to remember is that a Director is a Member too and they have the right to voice their opinion just like you. Without people like Massman, MRA would not exist. There are a core group of members and a few Directors that do most of the work at MRA - I am not one of them, although I still volunteer many, many hours each year to try and help Mass Rifle.

Mass Rifle does have it's issues - there are issues at the club that frustrate me too - but I don't go onto a public Forum and bad mouth the club.

If any one is so unhappy with Mass Rifle - then I suggest you find another club. But keep in mind - all gun clubs have issues - I should know I belong to three and have heard stories of others.

If you want to help or have suggestions on improvements, or even want to complain about the rules of a certain range, I suggest rather than ranting here (or in addition to ranting here) - do it in person at Mass Rifle.
Bitching here does not relay your information/rant to the 17 Directors at Mass Rifle.

If you don't have time to show up at a meeting - then write a letter and ask that it gets read at the next BOD meeting.

Feel free to PM me and I can provide an e-mail address or mailing address to one of the club Officers.

Please note that I do not intend to get into a heated debate in this thread, on this Forum.

I am just giving you my view point and for those interested MRA does have a Forum - you can Rant there too. http://www.massrifleforum.com/

Cheers.
Paul

Martlet - you really don't have a clue... Massman is an asset to MRA. Masman has been responsible for getting the last 1/2 dozen major projects completed at the club. Without his assistance much of these projects would not have been completed.

Masman does not volunteer his time to help for his ego - he volunteers for the betterment of Mass Rifle and his love of the shooting sports.

I have several clues. The fact that Massman comes here and makes troll accounts to back himself up lends credence to it.

Shame on you for suggesting that Masman is an elitistist.
The submission of any proposal to the BOD is required in "writing".
Comments and/or approvals are typically given at the following months BOD meeting.
As I understand it, this rule was put in place so that a member with a "Proposal" could list his proposal and allow the Board to read and discuss the proposal. The BOD consists of 17 Directors all of which have the right to weigh in on any given proposal.

See above.

I was on the Board of Directors at Mass Rifle for about five years - I left due to family, work and shooting commitments.

My frustration then and now as a member - is the attitude of members who constantly bitch, suggest possible solutions but never follow thru.

It's really easy to point fingers at a Director and cast blame - one thing you need to remember is that a Director is a Member too and they have the right to voice their opinion just like you. Without people like Massman, MRA would not exist. There are a core group of members and a few Directors that do most of the work at MRA - I am not one of them, although I still volunteer many, many hours each year to try and help Mass Rifle.

No one said he didn't. One thing you need to remember is without rules people like Massman institute, MRA wouldn't be losing some valuable members.

Mass Rifle does have it's issues - there are issues at the club that frustrate me too - but I don't go onto a public Forum and bad mouth the club

We're supposed to whisper about it in private? That's what this forum is for.

If any one is so unhappy with Mass Rifle - then I suggest you find another club. But keep in mind - all gun clubs have issues - I should know I belong to three and have heard stories of others.

Obviously, some members are.

If you want to help or have suggestions on improvements, or even want to complain about the rules of a certain range, I suggest rather than ranting here (or in addition to ranting here) - do it in person at Mass Rifle.
Bitching here does not relay your information/rant to the 17 Directors at Mass Rifle.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll keep it in mind.

If you don't have time to show up at a meeting - then write a letter and ask that it gets read at the next BOD meeting.

Did you read this thread? That's exactly what I offered to do. When I complained about the scheduling problem, Massman essentially said to come to 2 meetings to present my solution or stop complaining. I offered to post the whole solution right on the message board. That's not good enough according to him. Unfortunately, some on the BoD don't have the same good sense you do.

Feel free to PM me and I can provide an e-mail address or mailing address to one of the club Officers.

Please note that I do not intend to get into a heated debate in this thread, on this Forum.

I am just giving you my view point and for those interested MRA does have a Forum - you can Rant there too. http://www.massrifleforum.com/

Cheers.
Paul

Thanks.

I have several clues. The fact that Massman comes here and makes troll accounts to back himself up lends credence to it.

Ooh....Big bad me....boy my ego is really hurting now[crying]

See above.

See above

No one said he didn't. One thing you need to remember is without rules people like Massman institute, MRA wouldn't be losing some valuable members.

Actually, the rule change in the Loeb for instance, was only opposed by one BOD

We're supposed to whisper about it in private? That's what this forum is for.

Obviously, some members are.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll keep it in mind.

Did you read this thread? That's exactly what I offered to do. When I complained about the scheduling problem, Massman essentially said to come to 2 meetings to present my solution or stop complaining. I offered to post the whole solution right on the message board. That's not good enough according to him. Unfortunately, some on the BoD don't have the same good sense you do.

So, because I am a BOD member, I am supposed to propose your solution in person. How many MRA BOD members do you think read this board? I actually told you what the procedure was/is, and guess what I didn't come up with it.

Thanks.

Thanks for all of the informatitive conversation. I will crawl back into my hole now[rofl]

I am closing this thread. If you guys want to continue to discuss do it via PM or on the Massrilfe forum.

Massman, I am keeping your account open and would still like you to be a contributing member of NES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom