Fryeburg Public Range??

Hey all

My family has a house in Naples and im wanting to bring my guns up to do some shooting. Ive been doing research and I have heard about an open range in Fryeburg, and have managed to locate it on google maps but the posts I have seen have been at least 2+ years old.

Any one know if this is still acceptable to shoot there?? or can anyone PM me info about other locations nearby naples? (sand pit, etc)

Thanks!

I am not in Naples so I cannot help with direct information. But generally speaking we do not have public ranges in Maine. I know of only 1 indoor public range and that just opened.

We have gun clubs, which won't work for you unless you know a member, and we have sand pits. I would suggest calling the local gun stores in Fryeburg, I think there are at least two, and ask them if there is a sand pit where you can shoot with out causing any trouble.

In the long term, also ask if there are any gun clubs. They are cheap up here, usually around $30 away from the big citys. See about joining one and then you will have a place to shoot each time you come up.

Good luck...

If you want to be sure, you can find out from the town office who owns the sand pit and call up and ask for permission.

I will correct myself.... I am not sure what this is, but there is a phone number. There is also a club in Harrison.

# Fryeburg - Brownfield Game Management Area - Rifle Range, Lovewell Pond - Landing Road, Fryeburg, ME 04037.
207-935-2743
Outdoor Pistol (50 ft), Outdoor Rifle (100 ft), Trap
Public

#Western Maine Fish & Game Club, Harrison, Maine www.westernmainefishandgame.com
Trap, rifle & pistol
Private, Trap shoots open to public.

The Fryeburg range is public. For the last 2 years that we have gone up for the Fryeburg Fair, we have went and shot at the range. It is just a no frills range, but bring some target stands or some type of target holder. We also stay in Bridgeton right on Moose Pond, and we will be up there the first weekend in October.

Went to this range yesterday. Took an hour + to find because the mapquest map on the web is completly wrong. We asked some locals but they didnt know anything about the Brownfield wildlife management area. Finally asked a guy when we were pumping gas and after glancing at the arsenal, targets, and ammo boxes in the bed of the truck he said "I'm guessing your looking for the shooting range" He pointed us down Rt 113 by the Eastern slopes airport to Fish and Game Rd. Sure enough we found it. Locals just know it as the Fryeburg shooting range. The sign had no mention of it online name but stated the rules and that it was public.

Overall a good little range. The rifle range has 4 benches covered and is 75 to 100 yards long. It was a bit of a mess when we got there, looked like a group came through with 200 or so rounds of 00 buck and shot anything they could find then left it. I had the newbies that were with me clean up a bit before we left. I figure leave it better than we found it or someday it wont be there.
Pistol range is maybe 30 or 40 yards to the backstop with a small table at the front. We didnt use the trap range but it was nicely kept and looked like it had 5 spots and a place for a thrower.

You will need target stands or in our case a couple cardboard boxes to staple targets to.
BUG SPRAY!!!!!!! Lots of it. Its in a swampy area and the mosquitos will carry you away. I always have a bit in my bag but we had to run back to town to get the 30% DEET stuff for our clothes.

If you need ammo Wal-Mart in Conway is only 15 min away. They had some good bulk packs the other day.

bump. this still around?? parents have a place in bridgeton and would love to shoot while im up there

I shot there 18 months ago

Fish and Game Rd Fryeburg, ME 04037 GPS location 43.989670, -70.929493

m00nracker - I have a place in Norway and my neighbor has a range on a piece of land not far from the camp. We can shoot whatever whenever...

PM me if you want to go shooting sometime.

I went there 2 weeks ago, we were the only ones there. Brought a rake to clean up a little. Nice little place.

Back
Top Bottom