FTS guns in New Bedford

Didn't see a thread in here already so I figured I would start one

FTS Guns Home

nice little shop right in downtown NB. Didn't have much of a chance to look around (I was in a hurry) but nice guys and they had some ammo cans I have been looking for.

bit of a PIA to find though. Its on the basement level of the bank of America building. Go past the ATM into the building lobby (not the bank lobby) and take the elevator down. Even in the bar right next door to the bank no one knew that the shop even existed so its kind of off the radar in the city.

Small shop but great guys, been in there a few times. Is difficult to find if u have never been there . definetely under the radar

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for the kind words and very nice to meet you guys. For being our first reviewer next time you swing by there is a free 40mm can for you so just stop on in and grab it. [cheers] We have met some great NESers and appreciate you stopping by the shop.

And thanks to the member who pointed out our spelling errors. We will fix those right away. I am surprised though that for someone who is such a stickler for details that you seemed to miss ALL the parking available to our customers. There is a small lot on Elm St that holds about 50 cars with a guard shack for the customers of our building. We have customers park there all the time. There is also a huge lot on Middle St that holds about 150+ cars that is open to the public for the majority of the hours we are open. Both of these lots are free of charge and are on the streets directly adjacent to the building on each side. There is also metered parking on the streets for those who choose to not use these parking lots.

We do understand the shop is a little hard to find and try to make it easier by giving a description on the website and when customers call. We stay low key so we do not have any problems with Bank of America since we all know how gun friendly they are. [rolleyes]

We look forward to meeting more of the NES community so please stop by if you are in the area.

Charlie

Just stopped in again today, still has a good amount of ammo laid in and a Mag that Ive been meaning to get. FYI, the store moved to the other corner in the basement level into a bigger office then they had a year ago.

I am sorry I didn't recognize you yesterday. I knew I saw you in the shop before but couldn't place the face...I am getting old and senile. Funny thing is your 40mm can that has a bunch of FTS goodies in it was still sitting in the back with a yellow post it note saying spcantwell. [grin] I have moved that can around so many times since the old shop when you were there last it would have been nice to finally move it to your possession. [wink] I won't forget next time you swing in.

I am sorry I didn't recognize you yesterday. I knew I saw you in the shop before but couldn't place the face...I am getting old and senile. Funny thing is your 40mm can that has a bunch of FTS goodies in it was still sitting in the back with a yellow post it note saying spcantwell. [grin] I have moved that can around so many times since the old shop when you were there last it would have been nice to finally move it to your possession. [wink] I won't forget next time you swing in.

LOL I completly forgot about that. I just came in to see what was new. On the plus side it gave me a chance to check out the military museum down at Ft Tabor (havnt been for a while) and realised they need some odds and ends i am trying to put together, showed them what the nagant pistol rounds look like because they have one there and now I need to make a dud round for them to show the differnce between that and a typical round. Ill try to stop in again soon and get more ammo as well:)

Wife just came home with my swag :) Thanks again. She said the shop was great and I may even talk her into comeing down with me next time i get to visit.

Haven't been in the shop cause I live in Maine. But was in a GB with FTS, all went well and I cannot complain.

If I can get out of work early I will be checking the shop out this friday.

Just a heads up that we will be closed at 6 on Fridays (closed tomorrow and Saturday for the holiday weekend) but if you are going to try to swing by and are running late just give me a call and I will keep the shop open later for you.

To those who cross the bridge off the cape to come out this way...when can I stop bribing you?!?! It is getting expensive. :) I appreciate you guys making the trip knowing you have many shops to choose from out there.

Big thumbs up to FTS, I finally got around to swinging by a few days ago, and from what I saw I will be back. Only picked up a little ammo, but have my eye on a few things there.

cstockwell;4009001 To those who cross the bridge off the cape to come out this way...when can I stop bribing you?!?! It is getting expensive. :) I appreciate you guys making the trip knowing you have many shops to choose from out there.[/QUOTE said:
??? There are bribes??? LOL! IMHO there is only 1 shop on the Cape worth visiting and it isn't much closer to my house than New Bedford. It is a great shop you've got over there. I'll be back!

??? There are bribes??? LOL! IMHO there is only 1 shop on the Cape worth visiting and it isn't much closer to my house than New Bedford. It is a great shop you've got over there. I'll be back!

I am a sucker for you Mon Beach ladies!! :) j/k. I do appreciate what you have done and how much effort you made to join that club and your commitment to shooting. If you are still looking for a .45 come in and chat with me next time you and the FBIs most wanted man are in the area. I bought the Caspian 1911 frame and sarco kit just to do the build and play with the parts that came with the kit. I wont coat it or change the grips from the kit or go crazy with dropping the trigger weight. It is all yours when I finish with it and you can finish it however you want it. It will cost you a beer thought next time I make it to MB though. PM me if you want to talk more about it.

I am so sorry I am just responding to this a month later. I really had no idea what you were talking about when I was there tonight because I hadn't seen this post. I can't tell you how humbled I am by your offer. I already have plans on how I can pay this forward. Lots of ladies will have the opportunity to shoot a 1911 with some "pretty" finishes at every WOT I can volunteer at. Again, a most sincere thank you and you can count on that beer!

I am a sucker for you Mon Beach ladies!! :) j/k. I do appreciate what you have done and how much effort you made to join that club and your commitment to shooting. If you are still looking for a .45 come in and chat with me next time you and the FBIs most wanted man are in the area. I bought the Caspian 1911 frame and sarco kit just to do the build and play with the parts that came with the kit. I wont coat it or change the grips from the kit or go crazy with dropping the trigger weight. It is all yours when I finish with it and you can finish it however you want it. It will cost you a beer thought next time I make it to MB though. PM me if you want to talk more about it.

Great experience buying from FTS, Charlie is great and was very responsive to my emails to make sure what I was looking for was in before I drove over to the shop. Will def be back with more of my business in the future.

Fyi to anyone that wants to stop by this week, they are closed for the week...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Thanks!! I forgot to post it on here. I did at the shop and the website. I appreciate you putting out a heads up here! We will be back open again on Saturday normal hours.

Charlie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom