Fused telescoping stock for MA compliency

Hello,

I'm building my first AR and I was curious if it was legal for me to buy an adjustable stock (more specifically Magpul MOE stock) adjust it to my comfort, and then fuse the thing (current thought would be to drill a hole and install a pin, or disable the lever that allows for adjustment).
I've got decently short arms, and the customization would be nice in the comfort end, but I wouldn't need to adjust anything after I got it set at my comfort zone.

Thanks!

Horray! What would be the approved method?

Oh... not really sure.... ah..... ..i think.....oh..

just kidding. Others here know how to do this. It has to be pinned in such a way that you would need to cut the pin. I was thinking maybe like a brass rod with the ends penned over?

Look in the BIY forum. I believe some here have drilled a hole through the tube at the lower thick part and the stock and then inserted roll pins into this. Only way to get them out is with tools. Not positive so double check this.

I gave up on this idea and settled for an ARFX stock. Comfortable and cheap at $59 from Brownells.

I got a MOE stock going in my wifes build and she loves it. Best bet is to maybe ask the guys a ZHA as they seem to do some minor gunsmithing as I remember reading how they pinned the comp. to a members AR barrel.

Back
Top Bottom