Gave LTC AWAY!!!

So I walk in to my local pd to pickup my ltc and they gave it to the wrong guy how does this happen at a police station worst part is they don't know who they gave it to

Ouch. That's rough. When I picked mine up they asked for my license. The photo is on the LTC too. Whoever gave it out must have forgot their morning coffee ;) good luck though, hopefully the person they gave it to realizes their mistake and brings it back.

Maybe someone used a fake ID to get it from the PD, I am sure they checked.

mclovin_license.jpg

unless the picture on it is of the person they gave it too, AND/OR any gun shop/sporting goods store decides not to look at it, anyone will have a hard time using it. the problem is if they flag your name, hoping to catch someone trying to use it, and you get turned down/stopped/held up etc

i had to show my lic when i got mine.

The good news is they have to replace it at no expense to you.

501 CMR 9.02

In the case of a lost or stolen firearm license issued pursuant to the provisions of M.G.L. c 140, §§ 129B, 131, 131F or 131H, the licensing authority shall issue a new license at no cost to the license holder. A person seeking a license under 501 CMR 9.00 must have an active and valid license and must have reported such license lost or stolen to the Criminal History Systems Board and to the local issuing licensing authority prior to seeking a new license. In connection with an application for a new license to replace the lost or stolen license, the licensing authority shall confirm the applicant's identity and update its files as the licensing authority deems necessary prior to issuing a new license. The licensing authority, in consultation with the Criminal History Systems Board, shall issue a new license with a term coterminous with the original license period.

I'm surprised that the guy who got your license didn't notice it. I would think that most people would check to make sure that the info was correct...I know I do, particularly when it comes to my LTC.

Simple self-preservation. I don't want to have to try to explain to an LEO why I'm carrying with someone else's license. That could be an interesting conversation. [shocked][wink]

I'm surprised that the guy who got your license didn't notice it. I would think that most people would check to make sure that the info was correct...I know I do, particularly when it comes to my LTC.

Simple self-preservation. I don't want to have to try to explain to an LEO why I'm carrying with someone else's license. That could be an interesting conversation. [shocked][wink]

Sorry, this one doesn't pass the smell test. A lawfull citizen going to pick up their LTC at the police department is going to look at it to make sure the name, address, fingerprint, picture all look ok. Otherwise, HE will not be able to lawfully use it!

Sounds more like they just lost it, and made up a story.

The first thing I did when I got mine was open it up in my truck outside the PD and I screamed, yelled, hooted, and hollered in a joyous, jubilant (what probably appeared as manic) cacophany.
If the cops looked out the window, I would have appeared to be "unsuitable" with the level of my enthusiasm.

The good news is they have to replace it at no expense to you.

The MIRCS system validates the license in real time when a gun purchase is being made. I wonder, however, if the number changes on a duplicate/replacement, or if it is impossible to activate the replacement while keeping the original unactivated.

Back
Top Bottom