Ginsberg??????

The woman is a full-blown alcoholic.

By her own admission, she was under the influence during this State of the Union Speech during Obama's tenure.

GXS5HQR.png

Kagan, on the far right, seems to be concerned.

If any LEO was black-out drunk like this while wearing the uniform, they'd be disciplined if not dismissed.

I wonder how often she's drunk on the bench ?

Gawd, doesn’t Justice Sotomayer, in this pic, look like your worst nightmare about waking up after a night of righteous drinking?

Oh, Man. I didn't think anyone here was gonna remember Arnie or the Car Hop...
Good Times!
~Matt

Hot summer nights in the 1960’s dreaming of guns and future pussy. In many ways, excluding the Vietnam war, more pleasant times than today’s political climate. I use to dream about the 30 carbine for sale at Sears in Saugus before they pulled their guns. On the way home Go to Adventure Car Hop with my 30 carbine in the trunk for a burger and fries.

I could understand if it was Trump's Inauguration...

The woman is a full-blown alcoholic.

By her own admission, she was under the influence during this State of the Union Speech during Obama's tenure.

GXS5HQR.png

Kagan, on the far right, seems to be concerned.

If any LEO was black-out drunk like this while wearing the uniform, they'd be disciplined if not dismissed.

I wonder how often she's drunk on the bench ?

Quite a few dems were pissed after Trump was elected that she didn’t leave while Obama was President. But hindsight is 20/20. And if it was too close to Obamies reign of terror McConnel wouldn’t have put a candidate to a vote.

That proposition is very short term. I'm concerned that the next time we get a Dem President and even a slim Dem Senate majority that they'll pack the Court with more liberal Justices, Dems have already shown they'll stop at nothing to get their way when it comes to SCOTUS. If Trump holds in 2020 and Dems take the Senate then the conservative SCOTUS majority lasts a few more years since Dems won't confirm anyone Trump nominates regardless when he does it. If 2020 brings a Dem President then they get to nominate her replacement and then the advantage is lost.
Trump will be president until 2024. Then Pence for 8 years. Some of us won’t even be alive by then.

Ruthie Ban Gunsberg probably has an army of body part donors to keep her going till 2025

To get to Pelosi, they gotta knock off Paul Ryan, Orin Hatch, Mike Pompeio and a parade of other Republicans. They will wait til they retake the White house then assassinate the conservative Justices. Seriously.
Yeah, I said that in regards to Ginsberg dying sometime in 2019 where it's likely Pelosi is speaker of the house and 3rd in line for the Presidency.

Can you imagine the outrage from the left if we opposed Kagans confirmation by pulling the kind of crap they did on Kananaugh ???

Anonymous letter sent to senators office by former male classmate of Elena Kagen:

When I was in third grade with Elena, we were giving Valentines to out to our classmates, and when I gave one to her, she grabbed me and kissed me on the LIPS! I've never felt so violated in my life! I was so ashamed that I kept it to myself in fear of ridicule. My life has been ruined ever since. It would be an atrocity if such a sexual predator were allowed to sit on the supreme court!

Can you imagine the outrage from the left if we opposed Kagans confirmation by pulling the kind of crap they did on Kananaugh ???

And Kagsn had literally zero experience as a judge before becoming a Supreme. Disgraceful. She and the Wise Latina should not be there.

Polite society rules are a thing of the past. Now it's war.

"An armed society is a polite society..."

This is one of the root reasons they want us disarmed... so they don't have to be polite anymore. (Not that they've been.) [wink]

What do you think the Demorats will do next if Ginsberg dies and President Trump nominates another conservative to the Supreme Court especially if more Republicans are voted into office on November 6?

Well there have already been incidents of violence and temper tantrums by the left. There have been multiple calls for murdering conservatives, committing genocide against white people and other violent acts by teachers, professors and other leftists. There have even been calls for violence and incivility against conservatives by prominent democrat politicians such as Maxine Waters and Hillary Clinton, as well as calls for the destruction of the American economy "to make Trump look bad" by other democrat politicians such as Chuck Schumer. With Kavanaugh, I think they've been testing the waters a lot, seeing how much they can get away with it before the media gives any negative coverage to it...and they're really getting away with a lot without so much as a hiccup in the media. When Ginsberg dies or retires and Trump nominates another justice, I expect this violence and calls for violence/genocide by the democrats to increase and become even more open (though they haven't been very secretive about it to begin with).

That proposition is very short term. I'm concerned that the next time we get a Dem President and even a slim Dem Senate majority that they'll pack the Court with more liberal Justices, Dems have already shown they'll stop at nothing to get their way when it comes to SCOTUS. If Trump holds in 2020 and Dems take the Senate then the conservative SCOTUS majority lasts a few more years since Dems won't confirm anyone Trump nominates regardless when he does it. If 2020 brings a Dem President then they get to nominate her replacement and then the advantage is lost.

Yeah. You are talking about a potential second-tier wild-card team running the table and winning the World Series.

We've got 4 young conservative judges now. Roberts is ONLY 63. Alito is 68. That's 4. They'd have to pull a miracle to change a 5-4 court in the next decade. All we have to do is get ONE. Then losing Thomas wouldn't hurt so much. . . but he's only 70. Gosh that was a great appointment way back when.

And Kagsn had literally zero experience as a judge before becoming a Supreme. Disgraceful. She and the Wise Latina should not be there.

I think you'd be surprised how often you'd agree with her decisions on the SC. I don't like her personally, but I see a lot of a Constitutionalist in her. So did the Hon Judge Scalia.

thread titles of this variety have me searching for that "dislike" button we seem to have lost

Seriously. I click on this every morning expecting an update. After the daily disappointment I have to watch the clips of the 2016 election meltdowns to make me smile again.

Grassley said he would oppose consideration of SCOTUS nominees in 2020 if there's a vacancy so if she's gonna go it has to be in 2019... Grassley: Supreme Court seat should be left open until after election if vacant in 2020

That is BS, and Grassley should be replaced as Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman if that is really what he said. To the victors go the spoils. The majority party should consider nominees whenever they wish. That's the advantage of being in the majority. The democrats would do - and have done - the same thing if and when they're in the majority.

That is BS, and Grassley should be replaced as Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman if that is really what he said. To the victors go the spoils. The majority party should consider nominees whenever they wish. That's the advantage of being in the majority. The democrats would do - and have done - the same thing if and when they're in the majority.

Agree 100%. If there's one thing hopefully Republicans learned from this its that Dems will do whatever necessary to get their way when it comes to SCOTUS. While I wish they didn't have to change the rules to simple majority, I have no doubt that Dems would have changed the rule the moment they got a majority. In fact, I believe the next time there's a Dem President and Dem Senate majority they'll pack the court with at least two more Justices.

The Dems changed the rules for lower court judges because the GOP was pushing to resist ultra-liberal appointees better. So the rules were changed to simple-majority. (There is no "rule" in the Constitution. So to say simple majority or 2/3 or 3/4 or 100% is just procedure.) Up through the Obama picks for SC, the Senate operated pretty much on a "judicial merits" basis for SC judges.

Once the Dems planned to protest ANY pick after we pushed off the last Obama pick to replace Scalia (which I think was a right thing to do, FWIW), we implemented simple-majority for USSC judges.

Again - it's not in any rule book. But if you want to play partisan, you're going to have to deal with the consequences. It's been an escalation from 2008-2016. It's like the guy in charge then wanted to get his platform across no matter what or something. ;)

A bit off the subject but I recently saw a guest on Fox who said that he has been saying for years that we should have many more supreme court justices. He mentioned 19. His point of view was/is that this weakens the power of every justice making things likely to be more fair. He feels like with just 9 a justice has too much power. He also said that we are the only country with such a small number of supreme court justices. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom