Glock .22 caliber

Garys

NES Member
Glock doesn't make one, at least not that I can find. I'm going to guess that cost is the reason, but I don't know that for sure.

So, does anyone know for sure why they don't make one?

Gary

A Glock factory Tech told me that Advantage Arms conversion kit is the way to go here. I'm giving serious consideration of that, especially for my Wife (she has a G17).

There are two manufacturers, Ciener and Advantage Arms. Everything I've read says go with the Advantage Arms.

Glock has basically one pistol design. That design (for a locked-breech auto) wouldn't work for a .22 rimfire, and Glock is apparently not interested in investing in the design and tooling for an entirely different design.

Glock has basically one pistol design. That design (for a locked-breech auto) wouldn't work for a .22 rimfire, and Glock is apparently not interested in investing in the design and tooling for an entirely different design.

That makes a lot of sense. Probably not enough market for it.

Gary

It could be as simple as someone with decision-influencing power within Glock accepting the wisdom of either (or both) of the following precepts:

A) That fact that you can do one thing well doesn't mean that you can do everything well.

B) If you can do one thing well (and make money at it), stick to it.

You guys are overlooking the fact that we've found Yet Another Thing to blame on our insane gun control laws.

Patrick Sweeney, in The Gun Digest Book Of The Glock mentions that the 380 Glocks - models G25 and G28 - aren't imported because:

Because they are blowback operated, the 25 and 28 lose the five points for a locked breech, they also lose another seven points for going down from 9mm to 380. The G25 scores sixty six points, even with a target sight and trigger. The new loaded chamber indicator extractor only adds five more, bringing it to a grand total of seventy-one points. "Missed it by that much" as Secret Agent Smart used to say.

Is there anything that Glock can do? Not much without making a big change in the design. A grip safety or magazine safety would do it, but how could Glock make them available on those two models and not the rest without arrousing the interest of the civil liability lawyers out there? No, any change would have to be implemented across the board, and it isn't possible.

You can see from the chart that Glock won't be bringing in any 22 rimfire models either. A long rifle Glock would score just the same as the 380's, not as big as a 9mm and an unlocked breech. If you want a rimfire Glock, you have to get the upper from a source here in the U.S.

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom