Glock Armorer's Course 07/26/2018 in Webster, MA

OK, let me get this. It is a day long course. You can get a certificate. It is one of the easiest pistols to take down and work on.

Are those right?

What does having a certificate that you took this course do for you? Is there a cost for the course, or does Glock do these as a promotional thing?

Long story shore: why would someone want to take this?

Some take it because they repair a lot of Glocks in their work and their dept requires it. Some also take it as a prerequisite for the advanced armorer’s course, where you learn things like how to test specific parts for tolerances indicating wear and need for replacement.

Certification allows you to buy certain OEM parts not otherwise available.

Heard someone claim it could be evidence supporting what a responsible gun owner you are if ever on trial. I don’t know if there’s any case where that argument was used.

Personally, I don’t care about a certificate. I just want to know my carry gun inside and out.

I have taken the course twice. The last time was recently in Belchertown (the first MA course in quite awhile). I am a GSSF member. If you own a number of Glock pistols and maintain them, it is clearly worth the money because of the parts that are only available to certified Armorers and the discount price on parts vs. online prices. If you are a civilian, it depends largely on how involved you are with replacing parts and springs. The other benefit of the course now is the work with and familiarity with the Generation 5 pistols which is also helpful.

I was registered for the course 30 Oct. in Torrington, CT but it has been cancelled for lack of students. Now I need a refund. I checked the schedule and no other courses next year in Ma. except Leicester PD and it says LEO only.

I was registered for the course 30 Oct. in Torrington, CT but it has been cancelled for lack of students. Now I need a refund. I checked the schedule and no other courses next year in Ma. except Leicester PD and it says LEO only.
04/23/2019 Armorer's Course 1 MA, Leicester Leicester Police Dept.

The Armorers class is open for civilians.

The Operators Course is not at this location.

Name three, please and thanks.

Also, please answer coyoteman about the cost of the course. Thanks.
One is the Maritime Spring Cups (the ones that allow you to better fire it underwater by keeping water out of the firing pin channel).
Most recent course cost that I have found is $250.

04/23/2019 Armorer's Course 1 MA, Leicester Leicester Police Dept.

The Armorers class is open for civilians.

The Operators Course is not at this location.
Hmm, I checked this course a few days ago when I received the cancellation notice and it said LEO only, now it doesn't. Thanks.

Hmm, I checked this course a few days ago when I received the cancellation notice and it said LEO only, now it doesn't. Thanks.
That's awesome.

The must have made it open to civilians right before I first posted a couple days ago.

Back
Top Bottom