• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

glock barrel fitting

greencobra

NES Member
i'm sure i've asked before, i need help installing a barrel in a glock type slide. it's an anderson slide and it's going on a non-glock frame. i think it's another lone wolf frame, i'd have to look. it's also weak in a glock slide, but anyway, that's moot. when i install the barrel, a kkm, you can tell somethings "off" with fit where the barrel hood sits in it's cut out, it needs to have a bit of metal removed to sit properly. But, i do want to learn how to...but will probably get it to a gunsmith if this gets to be a chore and a pain in the ass. i've actually shot it. yeah, foolish, i know, as it is now but obviously it's not what i call "glock reliable." as one would expect, we get a lot of failure to feeds. i'll try and get a photo up today. whadda think, guys? can we do this via this thread?

Oh yeah. That geometry is beyond me. I'm betting there is a special jig or something - like the 1911 jigs that custom shops use to get the sear engagement right.

I'd just end up filing in the wrong place and ruining either hte barrel, slide or both.

Do NOT take off the top of the slide. The barrel needs to be fitted by taking down one of the feet on the bottom side of barrel if it is fitting to tightly. I googled it (fitting a g19 barrel) a while back and found something there. If its another fitment issue, id take it to a smith.....

Very easy job if you know what you are doing. Fitting a Glock barrel is real easy and is no where as complicated as a 1911 barrel. If you are not comfortable in doing this bring it to a smith. However if you have some comfort level
watch a vedio on the internet and go for it. It seems this barrel fit is not that far off because you are still able to shoot it. To get the correct lock up will be very minor fitting. Go for it.

Do NOT take off the top of the slide. The barrel needs to be fitted by taking down one of the feet on the bottom side of barrel if it is fitting to tightly. I googled it (fitting a g19 barrel) a while back and found something there. If its another fitment issue, id take it to a smith.....
Why not the slide? KKM barrels generally fit Glock slides. Seems that the aftermarket slide is the problem.

is it locking up too tight, or just the way the top of the barrel fits the opening in the slide ? If its that case then id say go ahead and do the slide.....
if its locking up too tight and wearing the flat top of the barrel, then you need to fit it by taking off some on one of the feet.....

Never fit the slide to the barrel always fit the barrel to the slide. This because you may want to or have to change the barrel in the future. If you fit the slide to the barrel you will possably end up with a one barrel only slide.

Why not the slide? KKM barrels generally fit Glock slides. Seems that the aftermarket slide is the problem.

KKM barrels are made oversized so they can be fit to the gun and improve precision. It’s not the problem… per se, because there is no “problem”.

You can get them for little to no fitting(but they don’t guarantee no fitting needed because they still make them on the oversized side), or for a match fitment that definitely will need fitting.

But the intent is to remove material from the barrel assembly, not the slide.

KKM barrels are made oversized so they can be fit to the gun and improve precision. It’s not the problem… per se, because there is no “problem”.

You can get them for little to no fitting(but they don’t guarantee no fitting needed because they still make them on the oversized side), or for a match fitment that definitely will need fitting.

But the intent is to remove material from the barrel assembly, not the slide.
Makes sense. Also worth noting that Glock slides can often have more generous tolerances vs aftermarket ones.

I have two Glock KKM barrels (g19 & g17). No fitting and no issues.

Totally drop in and pew.

Seems like the OP may have ordered one that requires fitting…it is a thing.
Understood

I prefer drop in. It’s a Glock, not a precision 1911 with a Kart barrel.

And I have a kart barrel on a custom Caspian 1911

I kept removing material from the slide until I was left with just the grip. Did I do something wrong?

Never fit the slide to the barrel always fit the barrel to the slide. This because you may want to or have to change the barrel in the future. If you fit the slide to the barrel you will possably end up with a one barrel only slide.
$100 says its an out of spec anderson slide.

$100 says its an out of spec anderson slide.
Then the best thing to do is to proof this barrel and slide Put the barrel into a Glock slide and also put a Glock barrel into the Anderson slide to test to see the fit and lock up in both guns. The OP should find someone with a Glock so he can test.

Back
Top Bottom