Glock Channel Liner Install Removal Tool

Team7

NES Member
Can anyone let me know if the Glock Channel Liner Install Removal Tool will work with the S&W M&P's.

I don't see a specific tool for the S&W M&P 9/40.

Hard to tell diameter-wise, but I've never used the Glock tool to remove Glock channel liners. What I've found works fine is screwing in a bolt/screw of appropriate length (to grip) and diameter (to bite into the channel liner and just yanking it out that way. YMMV

I'm not sure what type of thread the Glock tool has, but web surfing I've found that a 5/16 carriage bolt should work. I'm going to assume that the liner has to be tossed after this? Not sure if a liner with thread marks will still work, but I'm going to order a couple since they're pretty cheap.

Yep, that's the tool I'm looking at. I've got light strike issues with a new slide, the striker is dragging and not moving freely. I was just wondering if that tool will work on with the M&P 9/40, didn't want to spend money on something that wouldn't work.

do you have a new liner? If so, post ID/OD measurements and I'll turn up a tool from some round stock

I just pulled my striker assembly and measured it - looks like the liner OD is around .335".
ID is harder to measure but the stricker spring is about 0.270" so the liner is probably .285-.290 on the ID.

5/16-18 threads will fit and cut threads - grind a good taper on a bolt or if brave just run a tap into it to pull the liner.

ANSI External Screw Threads Size Tolerances Chart - Engineers Edge

Pastera,

I appreciate the offer. I don't have any liners on hand, they are on their way. The tool was backordered at Brownells, so I wound up springing for a similar Glock liner tool off of Amazon. I'll post the results when I get it.

Update on the Glock channel liner tool.

The one I purchased from Amazon was a Centennial Defense Systems install removal tool. It worked out and I was able to remove the channel liner from my M&P. I had to put some pressure on it for the threads to grab. I couldn't pull it out once the tool dug in. I had to lock the slide in a vice and use a hammer and place the screw driver into the groves of the tool and tap the tool out.

It's a new slide and the liner was defective. I placed the striker back in and moved it back and forth and I felt a bump/tight spot. New liner is installed and striker moves freely. Will test the M&P tomorrow for function.

a209ea46-6035-4b20-84ac-eb8830ef5349-original.jpg

IIRC, the one on Brownell's said to put the tool in the vice and pull the slide. For next time. Hoping there isn't one. LOL

Glad it worked out!

Back
Top Bottom