GLOCK grows

Wonder why they haven't got into the rifle game yet.

They probably don't want to dilute their brand with YABR (yet another black rifle). If they're flush with cash, an acquisition wouldn't be out of the question.

Or they could just decide to be only a really good pistol manufacturer.

I'm just glad Micro$oft is not in the firearms industry.

You'd have to pay for a license on the number of rounds you put through the gun.
It would randomly misfire
Unwanted and useless upgrades would show up in the mail unsolicited.
You'd have to use Microsoft ammo since they don't allow 3rd parties to interact with the operating system of the weapon
The longer you owned and used it, the slower it would operate.
There would be no accuracy problems with the Microsoft firearm, they'd simply redefine 'bulls-eye' to include the outer most ring.
After about three years, your Microsoft firearm would be obsolete and you'd have to upgrade to the latest model...and the accessories for the older firearm may not be 100% compatible with the new model.

Last edited:
Or they could just decide to be only a really good pistol manufacturer.
Sometimes that is the best strategy.

Is Glock a publicly traded company? If not, I can easily see them staying a handgun manufacturer.

BTW, I contributed to Glock's growth this year by buying a 17 Gen 4. Love the gun. M&Ps are for sale.

Yes, I like it that much.

If you can't knock 'em down, Glock 'em down.

If, and when, Glock ever gets into the rifle market, they'll introduce something as revolutionary as the G17 was to the pistol market. Haters gotta hate, - and I don't like a lot of their other products since the 17-, but there is absolutely no question that that pistol changed the world of firearms, and rightfully earned it's spot in the top 10 of all time.
There's a funny chicken/egg going on in the rifle market. They want to 'fix' everything that's 'wrong' with the M4/16/AR, but they don't want to change anything about it. It has to use the same bullet, mags, grip, etc... About all they seem to be able to do (even on a limited basis) is convince them to look at piston uppers...

Glock certainly has a history of doing what has to be done (convincing mil/leo to go plastic when it was unthinkable), but its a tough nut to crack.

At a Glock Armorers course a few months back the instructor said that Glock is working on a carbine that accepts AR mags. It will be out in 2011, he said.

This is not widely known because of the hype from 2004, where there were rumors running rampant of a Glock carbine. People were going nuts over this and at the 2005 Shot Show, everybody was disappointed. Since then the "Glock Carbine" has been a running joke. It still has not come out.

My source and other Glock reps so far this year have said that Glock is in fact making a carbine. He told me other things in the past that turned out to be true.

I believe him and that is why I am saving for next year.

Just a guess, but I bet it will be like the SCAR or Bushmaster ACR- a modular adaptable rifle.

I'd be very interested in a Glock rifle, but only if it is a game changer like the original Glock. I don't need Yet Another Black Rifle that just happens to say Glock on it.

Not sure if this is still the case, but Glocks are generally made in Austria. (At least the 3rd gens I have, were) The import laws for guns coming into the US on EBRs are quite frankly, absurd. With the 1989 ban provisions, you can't really import much worth selling unless you import it and then "convert" it domestically, which adds cost. It would not make sense for Glock to make an EBR unless it was domestically produced to get around the import BS, since the US would be the primary market for such a rifle.

The same problem exists for the handguns but the handgun import ban is not as problematic because it is somewhat less absurd.

Both of these import bans were devised to ostensibly 'reduce the importation of cheap foreign made firearms for the sake of gun control" but it's all a bunch of BS... it's more trade protectionism than anything else..... which is why you don't see much measurable opposition to these bans, because US gun manufacturers benefit from them greatly... [thinking]

-Mike

Not sure if this is still the case, but Glocks are generally made in Austria. (At least the 3rd gens I have, were) The import laws for guns coming into the US on EBRs are quite frankly, absurd. With the 1989 ban provisions, you can't really import much worth selling unless you import it and then "convert" it domestically, which adds cost. It would not make sense for Glock to make an EBR unless it was domestically produced to get around the import BS, since the US would be the primary market for such a rifle.

The same problem exists for the handguns but the handgun import ban is not as problematic because it is somewhat less absurd.

Both of these import bans were devised to ostensibly 'reduce the importation of cheap foreign made firearms for the sake of gun control" but it's all a bunch of BS... it's more trade protectionism than anything else..... which is why you don't see much measurable opposition to these bans, because US gun manufacturers benefit from them greatly... [thinking]

-Mike

Some Glock frames are made here. Those that are, do not say "Austria" on the frame, if I recall.

They said it would be made in the US. Otherwise, like you said, it would not be able to be imported. I am expecting something like a SCAR or Bushmaster ACR. Both of those use polymer.

I can not afford an AR now, so I might as well wait till 2011.

I'm curious here now. How would you define a game changer in a defensive carbine? How would it differ from SCAR or ACR?

I'm not a gun designer, so I don't know. What I'm getting at is that if it's just another AR15 type rifle, I'm not interested. I'd like to see something that genuinely advances things, solves some problem of design, weight, reliability, something. There are all these piston AR15 type rifles and the marketing literature goes on and on about how revolutionary this concept is.

I'd be very interested in a Glock rifle, but only if it is a game changer like the original Glock. I don't need Yet Another Black Rifle that just happens to say Glock on it.

Glock beta rifle v 0.1

Savge_Blow_Up_2_001.jpg

Never thought I'd see that. You had a serious hardon for M&P's...

They are great handguns. Except that I can't get any of the three backstraps to make it fit me like a S&W revolver or a Glock do.

So, since they are tools to me, they gotta go. I found a tool that I can swing better.

Know what I mean, Vern?

I'm not a gun designer, so I don't know. What I'm getting at is that if it's just another AR15 type rifle, I'm not interested. I'd like to see something that genuinely advances things, solves some problem of design, weight, reliability, something. There are all these piston AR15 type rifles and the marketing literature goes on and on about how revolutionary this concept is.

I seriously doubt Glock would waste its time with an AR.

I fondled an ACR yesterday and I kinda like it. I don't like the $2600 price tag.......

Back
Top Bottom