• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good and bad? Membership oopsies?

fshalor

NES Member
I think this is both good and bad. Good that NES doesn't badger it's membership pool for renwals for Going Green.
Bad (ish?) Since I keep falling off the green wagon and not remembering or even noticing I've gone dark until sometimes months later. Super props though for not being nags.

Go Green is Good.

Suggestion to all of us is to setup a reminder on your calendar when you click the button. (Or just go life! Maybe I can next year!)
Also... another bad. This is a concerning statistic:
Total: 337 (members: 196, guests: 141) Robots: 808

2:1 Bots to Humans ratio.
4:1 Bots to Members ratio.

Just remember that everything we put into a rectangle and click the blue is in the wild in some ways.

I think this is both good and bad. Good that NES doesn't badger it's membership pool for renwals for Going Green.
Bad (ish?) Since I keep falling off the green wagon and not remembering or even noticing I've gone dark until sometimes months later. Super props though for not being nags.

Go Green is Good.

Suggestion to all of us is to setup a reminder on your calendar when you click the button. (Or just go life! Maybe I can next year!)
Also... another bad. This is a concerning statistic:
Total: 337 (members: 196, guests: 141) Robots: 808

2:1 Bots to Humans ratio.
4:1 Bots to Members ratio.

Just remember that everything we put into a rectangle and click the blue is in the wild in some ways.
I'm pretty sure Life was a one time offer.

Is this like my car inspection where I can go into the next month before I renew, and after 11 stickers I get a free year in there somewhere?

What if you go a whole year?
It depends on the cop's mood.

A surprising number of cops won't bother hassling you over a sticker, but it's a coin toss.

You can improve your chances by driving on rain or out of state. They usually won't stop an out of state car for an expired sticker and don't like to get wet any more than we do.

They'll cancel your registration after a few months now I think.
I left Mass in the rear view a couple years ago, but that sounds like something Mass would do, I have gone two, three years between inspections in the past, mostly because the cars I had back then didn't have a prayer of passing.

My bike hasnt had a sticker since 2010, and i have no issues renewing it every year. The truck’s sticker is from 2019 and its from RI where i bought it. I hear stories about registrations not being able to get renewed, but has not happened to me….yet

Is this like my car inspection where I can go into the next month before I renew, and after 11 stickers I get a free year in there somewhere?
You would have to go AFTER it expires 11 times for a “free” year
If you go before you’re giving the state those 11 months

Or you can be like me and not bother with them anymore

Back
Top Bottom