goofy thread replies

headednorth

NES Member
Occasionally while trying to reply to a thread, the letters Im typing will suddenly jump up to the line above. For example, if I attempt to type the line, "I will be typing my reply, when suddenly the words will begin to appear on the line above.", it will end up looking like this...

will begin to appear on the line above.
I will be typing my reply, when suddenly the words

Not sure if its something on my end or if anyone else experiences this. Fwiw, it only happens on NES and doesnt happen all the time. Also, it only seems to happen if Im quoting the post Im replying to, I dont recall it ever happening if I post without a quote.

eta- Im running firefox on a windows pc

Not using a phone.

Curious why the touch pad would have anything to do with it?

Now that you mention it, I have a Lenovo. It was my first laptop and it seemed buggy to me but I figured I just had to adapt to a laptop, but everyone else who has ever used it has been like wtf? Leftclick on something repeatedly and instead of following the link, it pops up a menu, click on something and the cursor jumps to the other side of the screen, start menu popping up on its own, etc. Been like that since day one more or less. Maybe its my laptop and not the site?

Not using a phone.

Now that you mention it, I have a Lenovo. It was my first laptop and it seemed buggy to me but I figured I just had to adapt to a laptop, but everyone else who has ever used it has been like wtf? Leftclick on something repeatedly and instead of following the link, it pops up a menu, click on something and the cursor jumps to the other side of the screen, start menu popping up on its own, etc. Been like that since day one more or less. Maybe its my laptop and not the site?

because what is happening happens when you inadvertently touch the touchpad. it happens on my laptop and sometimes my phone. it could be a watchband, shirt sleeve etc that accidentally does it

because what is happening happens when you inadvertently touch the touchpad. it happens on my laptop and sometimes my phone. it could be a watchband, shirt sleeve etc that accidentally does it

Ahh, ok. That makes sense. The separate mouse seems like a pita, so I'll try to be more careful about staying away from the pad when Im typing. If that doesnt work out, I'll go with the mouse.

Thanks.

also sounds like touch pad is set up for lefty if the buttons are reversed for left click (go action) and right click (menu)

Its an intermittent thing. I think its just buggy.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get this laptop new?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Afaik, it was new. I bought it a couple of years ago off of Amazon. I dont recall it being refurbished.

Not using a phone.

Touchpads (particularly on consumer shitbox-grade laptops) do this crap all the time. Rig it up to disable itself when the mouse is plugged into it. If you're not using a mouse, disable gestures and other mindless crap in the touchpad control panel.

-Mike

goofy.gif

Back
Top Bottom