Google Earth Map of MA gun clubs

I am trying to make a complete list of all gun clubs and dealers in MA. If there is one that is not in this list please send me a note with it's info, and I will add it. If any of these entries is stale, send me a note also.

I got the databse from a Google search for MA firearms and ranges, as well as an NRA list I found someplace. I have tools to convert street addresses into Lat/Lon coordinates.

[/url]

Two local gun shops here in Western MA you could add: Pete's Gun Shop on Grove St in Adams and Daves Sporting Goods in Pittsfield
Both are small shops, but good guys with a constantly changing stock of used guns. Both are sellers on AuctionArms. Their AA handles are petesguns and davessporting

AJ's Sporting goods in Housatonic MA has limited hours, but a great selection of in-stock handguns, rifles and a good selection of powder. They have a website you should check out.

Is this somehow transferable to maps.google.com?

Isn't there a thread about MA gun clubs, with web sites and descriptions?

Can all these similar threads be joined into one super-thread about gun clubs?

just ask people here. it's better than google maps. provide your location and you'll get few suggestions.
also you will get a valuable opinion about the club, from actual shooters. google won't have that.

if you are in easton, ma or near by i can suggest at least three clubs that i've been to and know few things about.
Ames rifle and pistol in Easton
Mansfield fish and game
these two are descent clubs

there is also small Club on Easton-Norton line that is big time fudd, requires multiple work parties per year and buy out is quite expensive. i don't recommend it.

there is also Taunton R&P, people are quite pleased with it, but i personally don't have any experience so can't recommend but only suggest for a further review

Last edited:
I'm currently in Milford, but I'm possibly moving to Attleboro in the next month or so...
Recommendations on clubs in those 2 areas?

i'd say if you are moving then don't join anything near Milford. you would have to pay an annual fee there upfront and then if you do find another club near Attleboro and decide you don't want to drive up to Milford anymore and join elsewhere - then you'd have to pay another membership fee. Also some clubs might require probation period two mandatory work parties. at least Ames does. i don't think being in Attleboro Ames will be a good fit, but it depends which part of Attleboro i guess. if you don't mind driving 30 min then it's descent club, zero fudd bs, but i would say 1 hour round trip is too long. would be for me anyways. but some people here i know drive to distant clubs, depends on your free time i suppose...

Recommendations for Boston?

BRGA in Fields Corner, Dorchester is a decent indoor only range. (www.bostongunclub.net) Although it calls itself a "club", it's a "club" in the same sense a "country club" is - specifically, an independent business with owners who call the shots, not a member owned an run club.

But, they are pretty decent people and don't seem to get bent out of shape over stuff like drawing a handgun from a holster and their rates are in the same ballpark as non-profit clubs. They are not 24x7 self serve, but have some pretty decent hours.

You should call for directions if you want a tour as they keep a low profile and it may be hard to find. Their entrance is an unmarked door in a side street, and you have to be buzzed in. Don't park in the MBTA lot next door as they do tow.

Last edited:
Ranges near Southbridge, MA

Just got my LTC 2 weeks ago and bought a Ruger LC9. I live in Southbridge and can't find anywhere to shoot. All the clubs scare the crap out of me because where there's government, there's BS and they all require a sponsor... I'm a 28 year old Latino guy and don't know any people with club memberships in my area. Are there any ranges or "clubs" that won't break the bank (First Baby is due in 9 days and my wife is a money nazi, so money is tight) and are reasonable near me? I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.

You're about 45 minutes from Springfield Sportsman's Club in Monson, and about 40 minutes from Nenameseck Sportsmen's Club in Ware.

Brookfield Rod & Gun club. Unless things have changed since last year it is only $25.00 a year.
There is not much for shooting activities there but at least it is a place to shoot.

Last edited:
Just got my LTC 2 weeks ago and bought a Ruger LC9. I live in Southbridge and can't find anywhere to shoot. All the clubs scare the crap out of me because where there's government, there's BS and they all require a sponsor... I'm a 28 year old Latino guy and don't know any people with club memberships in my area. Are there any ranges or "clubs" that won't break the bank (First Baby is due in 9 days and my wife is a money nazi, so money is tight) and are reasonable near me? I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Auburn Sportsman's Club, and Singletary in Oxford.

Brookfield Rod & Gun club. Unless things have changed since last year it is only $25.00 a year.
There is not much for shooting activities there but at least it is a place to shoot.

Hard to top this on the price, however Auburn has fishing and things for kids to do.

Auburn requires a sponsor. Show up at the clubhouse (bar), and most anyone will sponsor you. You have an LTC, right?

Well, after the application paperwork is done, you then have to attend a meeting and get accepted. I haven't seen anyone get refused yet. Usually, you have to say a few things about why you joined and what you are interested in at the club. Hope to see you around. If you want a "tour", let me know, or just ask at the bar.

Back
Top Bottom