Gun Finish Pros in WMA?

Now that I've found the parts, I'm looking to rehab the slide on my Heckler & Koch VP70z. I'd like to keep it as stock as possible - perhaps some highlighting on the serial or HK logo, but otherwise a black oxide type finish. Is there anyone in Central/Western Mass that someone could recommend? Massachusetts anywhere? Thanks.

Mark

Now that I've found the parts, I'm looking to rehab the slide on my Heckler & Koch VP70z. I'd like to keep it as stock as possible - perhaps some highlighting on the serial or HK logo, but otherwise a black oxide type finish. Is there anyone in Central/Western Mass that someone could recommend? Massachusetts anywhere? Thanks.

Mark

I've had pretty good luck with HK PRO for answers to my HK questions. Also, check out HK's web site and join the forum to ask about this question. I always got alot of info to questions.

Hope this helps, and let us know the outcome of your VeePee.

Well I can bead blast and parkerize steel, (I did the finish on the 1919) but I do not do it for money. If you want to come down sometime, We can do it. (you and I)for free. but I don't want to be held liable if you don't like the end result. the current park batch I have does a nice black finish. I think you saw the results on the 1919 at the shoot.

I don't want to be held liable if you don't like the end result.

Can I cry a little? [crying]

Thanks for the offer and I may just take you up on it....I am on a DIYM, (Do It Yourself Mission). I started a few years ago by actually buying tools and building a shed door. Then, I actually built sawhorses, (yes I know - amazing). Lately, I have been even wrenching on my quad - folks don't know what to make of it. I'm taking a welding class soon as well...So, parking a slide might be just what the doctor ordered.... [wink]

Well then I can show you how on another gun part see how you like the results and then you can use my equipment. Hows that sound? I have been DIY forever. I fabricate 4WD suspensions bumpers, etc, allways worked and modified my race Bikes and 3 wheelers, woodworking etc. I try to be a jack of all trades and a master of a few. (I also have a small metalworking machine shop in the 1 car garage that is also home to my 44 willys MB I am rebuilding. (slowly due to other more pressing issues like the 200 year old house we own!)

Once things calm down after the holidays we can try to get together if you want. I am in westhampton in case you forgot. (not too far from ya. just down the hills.)

Sounds like a plan - Thanks! I can bring a few M-14 mags to experiment on and then go for it....Either way, she's in bad shape and needs some attention. I've always been into intricate stuff, (cameras, watches, guns etc) - never took on the big stuff. Seems as I get older, my brain is starting to want to do things that I used to pay for: brakes, oil changes, ATV tune-ups, small building projects, etc. My Grandfather was a carpenter - my father an ordinance designer. I never caught the gene, but it seems it's coming to life. Start my "Welding For Dummies" class in a few months - hope I don't burn the place down... [wink]

I can give you some welding lessons if it isn't too cold when you come over. (Mig for now I have gas and stick capability and soon a cheap Tig for gunsmithing.) Sounds like a plan, All you have to bring otherwise is the stuff you want to park and some distilled water. (for cleaning the parts, we clean with brake cleaner,blast then into boiling dist water and Simple green then into the park. ) Bring everything you want to do, I have a 5 gal pail of the stuff mixed up from the 1919 that is still good. (and fresh chemicals too.)

Back
Top Bottom