Gun Owners of Maine listing of Maine Gun Laws

Hi does anyone know the rules about bringing a registered handgun to maine from mass if I have a property in maine that’s not my full time residence but I have a maine state id? Thanks

Hi does anyone know the rules about bringing a registered handgun to maine from mass if I have a property in maine that’s not my full time residence but I have a maine state id? Thanks
Please don’t post the same question in two places at once. Asked and answered your other post.

Any person who can legally possess a firearm can be in possession of that firearm. You can even conceal carry with out a permit as a non resident, assuming you are over 21 or 18+/military. You do not need a Maine state ID. You do not need to won property either. As a part time resident of Maine, you can even purchase handguns as a Maine resident while you are residing in Maine (see the ATF rule on this). No one in Maine cares if your guns are registered in MA. There are some ins and outs to what I said, so make sure you understand the laws involved and I am not a lawyer...so it is up to you to verify what I have told you.

Back
Top Bottom