gun rights rally on the NEWS/ONLINE

SeanT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Glob has the generic AP article as one of the top headlines, no mention of MA in the article. Herald doesn't have anything up yet, but they rarely seem to update their stories midday. It will be interesting to see if they (Herald) have anything up tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
To be fair, this is the entirety of what was said:

"...about Gov. Deval Patrick's filing of an act that would limit the capacity of magazines to 7 rounds for certain high-powered firearms"....

thanks for the heads-up, I just had to tweet at him to try and get him to correct this. I can't believe how effective .gov is at hiding what they are really doing in plain sight. all of the mag limit stuff is listed in the summary as "It reduces access to high-powered rounds of ammunition." I'm willing to bet a large number of gun owners in the state don't even know that the mags that came with the new M&P they just bought will be unavailable if this passes. and how many more will become criminals by loading the mags they do have to 10 rounds.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've trolled the Herald, Globe, Telegram. No news. I wonder if anyone who is AT the event can say if they've seen any news people? As this was supposed to be a nationwide event, I'm betting most editors of MSM told the reporters not to give any positive press to law abiding citizens.

I would expect the Herald to give some coverage, but not the Globe or Telegram.

I saw a channel 7 camera on the state house steps. Also, at least three other media members were on the steps with mics and cameras, but it wasn't clear where they were from.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
At least my sign got 1 second of coverage during Channel 7's one minute segment. They needed to make room for the 5 minute segment on the armed robbery in Lawrence... the irony.

IMG950135.jpg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
News reporters will often take the lazy path as we know. One tactic that "highly organized" organizations like unions or advocacy groups (read: the antis) will use is the press kit. They provide picts, fact sheets, stats, contact info, etc so that the story practically writes itself. And less chance for the reporter to get off focus or take an opposing perspective on the event/story.

Although this is obviously more difficult for grass-roots orgs without aggressive PR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Photos also on The Blaze website, some from NH and Boston -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...r-gun-control-measures-here-are-the-pictures/

- - - Updated - - -

News reporters will often take the lazy path as we know. One tactic that "highly organized" organizations like unions or advocacy groups (read: the antis) will use is the press kit. They provide picts, fact sheets, stats, contact info, etc so that the story practically writes itself. And less chance for the reporter to get off focus or take an opposing perspective on the event/story.

Although this is obviously more difficult for grass-roots orgs without aggressive PR.

I don't know if they would take our information, but something like this should be easy to assemble and distribute before a rally.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so lessons learned: be proactive in getting prepared statements to news outlets ahead of time.

Hold more of them. Lack of anti-gun counter protestors probably helped you more than you know. If some had shown up they would have gotten as much or more air time than the progun rally. Question is can you get that lucky again?

When's the next one?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right, my point was about proactive, pre-rally statements from "someone" in the organization role. What I noticed from all the news reports for the protests nationwide was excellent visuals showing huge numbers of people, but with a lack of a cohesive message to attach to the visuals. Not entirely a bad thing, but it resonates better in the media and political class if there is a "who we are and what we want" message that is communicated ahead of time.

Nothing bad about yesterday...I was at the state house in Boston and I thought it went off perfectly as a rally. But putting the right message into the media collective is a separate endeavor.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Right, my point was about proactive, pre-rally statements from "someone" in the organization role. What I noticed from all the news reports for the protests nationwide was excellent visuals showing huge numbers of people, but with a lack of a cohesive message to attach to the visuals. Not entirely a bad thing, but it resonates better in the media and political class if there is a "who we are and what we want" message that is communicated ahead of time.

Nothing bad about yesterday...I was at the state house in Boston and I thought it went off perfectly as a rally. But putting the right message into the media collective is a separate endeavor.

You can always do better, but so far the media seems to have gotten the message and I think that is credit to the speakers and that it was tough to find another message that day.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
MY take-away: Prepared speeches are best. You have an opportunity to edit, and to hit the right tone. You have a "Hard copy" to pass out for the people in the cheap seats, and the media, and that could not make it.

Like June 4th's.

I had no idea that I'd ever be on the State House steps, addressing a crowd through a bullhorn, up to the minute I did it. If I'd planned it, I'd have polished my message, though I don't regret doing it, in the least.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
the Herald currently has the estimate at 700 in their online piece. I think they actually did a decent job if you watch some of the video of the speeches they selected.

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Yes. Media kits, copies of key note speeches, top 10 messages we want to be published must be provided all media groups. You need to hand feed them, not once but with repeated frequency. Not one person from each org, but as many as we can reach.

Top Bottom