"Gun went off" 2 different times

They really should invent a Robocop type holster that you drop in from the side and it closes around the pistol. Sheesh.

Uncreative writers, stuck in local newsroom, form stupid headlines; story at 11.

Yes, the first one glosses over the fact an (allegedly highly trained) individual pulled the trigger when he didn't mean to. That's bad reporting.

The second? A cartridge within a previously unknown, and therefore unsupervised, firearm was caused to spontaneously fire when placed in a crematorium oven. Technically negligence, as several people should have inspected the body. But that's a pretty appropriate use of "went off."

Last edited:
Was it when they came back out of the door?

Or did he pop one off in the room?

They were awfully calm about it

Uncreative writers, stuck in local newsroom, form stupid headlines; story at 11.

Yes, the first one glosses over the fact an (allegedly highly trained) individual pulled the trigger when he didn't mean to. That's bad reporting.

The second? A cartridge within a previously unknown, and therefore unsupervised, firearm was caused to spontaneously fire when placed in a crematorium oven. Technically negligence, as several people should have inspected the body. But that's a pretty appropriate use of "went off."
I bet the oven attendant shit his pants when he heard that round pop off.

The second one is probably the only true story, besides dropping SIGs, in the past decade or so of a gun actually going off on its own.

The second one is probably the only true story, besides dropping SIGs, in the past decade or so of a gun actually going off on its own.
I think I heard one of someone hiding a pistol in their oven, too. But that may be over a decade at this point.

Back
Top Bottom