H&K P2000 and P2000SK

As an LEO, I have an opportunity to purchase HK's P2000 or P2000SK. Have yet to make a decision on either firearm and am seeking any and all real-world experiences and opinions on both.

ROFL I second what M1911 said. [grin]

Seriously, the guns are like the USP compact series but one
better. The triggers tend to be nicer than the USPs. The only
downside to the P2000 is that you can't carry them cocked + locked, but
that's not a huge issue. Another major improvement is the ambi
slide lock levers. Ergnomically the gun is a step forward from the USP
series. FWIW, the guns take the same mags as the USPc's, with the
obvious exception of the P2000SK, which takes a smaller magazine.

Be aware that the LEM variants come with different trigger weights from
the factory... I think the gun can be ordered with a 5.5-8 pound
trigger. So if you're getting a LEM, try to make sure you know what
theyre going to send you ahead of time.

-Mike

I've got a number of Hk pistols, one of which is a P2000sk. Chambered in 9mm, it's one of my favorite handguns. Not all of these are LEM equipped ether as I opted for one with a decocker rather than the LEM trigger. At ranges for which it was intended, it's a very accurate pistol, right up there with my squeezers. can't go wrong in my opinion. I'm opting not to get a P2000 as I'll wait and get one of the P30 models. That'll at least allow me to have at least one model in each series.

Magazine baseplate...

I've owned the P2000 in .40 cal. LEM and think it's a quality piece. The sights that come on the weapon are far superior to glock stock sites. The magazine release takes a little getting used to... The extended baseplate magazines make for harder concealed carry, however you can buy flat bottomed baseplates for the magazines. Hope this helps.

LEO Purchase for HK

Interstate Arms in Billerica has HK's available to LEO's in this state at cost well below MSRP. Any other LEO who might read this know of other places to purchase at a decent price?

Interstatearms.com also offers Glock,Sig and Bushmaster at LEO prices.

Thanks for replies!!!

IA is probably the best around, they are an actual LE Distributor and don't rip off LEOs like many others do (by telling them they are getting a LE discount and charging $50 under street prices).

Back
Top Bottom