"HA Drop" Photos from Afghanistan

I thought you all might enjoy seeing a few photos I received earlier today from my cousin John serving in Afghanistan. They went out to do an "HA" (Humanitarian Assistance) mission to the school at a local town, delivering some school supplies and other items that folks from here have donated.

I just love this one. John is the guy holding the "stars" end of the flag:
HADrop020.jpg

Here's the "school" - no buildings, just a space under some trees. Four teachers, who walk miles each day to teach, and some 400 students:
HADrop043.jpg

John with some of the kids and their packages - meager by our standards, but really appreciated over there:
IMG_0200.jpg

Some happy Afghan kids:
P8110058.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dick

Last edited:
Please tell your cousin that we are thankful for his/their service and proud of them for actions such as these.

That is great! Why don't wee this kind of stuff on the news?

If you have a chance please send your cousin and his brothers-in-arms my gratitude.

Here's the "school" - no buildings, just a space under some trees. Four teachers, who walk miles each day to teach, and some 400 students:

The unions here would be up in arms! 100 students/teacher! [shocked]
[laugh2][rofl]

On a serious note:

Thanks for posting this and please send my thanks to John for his service!

I like the fourth picture. Damn. Except for the clothing that could be any one of my third or fourth grade classes. It's good to see kids smiling even under the most difficult of circumstances.

Bravo to Cousin John and his colleagues.

Seeing girls at school is something to be very proud of.

A Canadian teacher was just murdered by Taliban. They are some of the most vile ignorant and arrogant enemies we have ever fought. Too bad the rest of the world won't help out ridding our planet of these scum.

Dick, is there anything we can send your cousin and his outfit? Do they need to be "adopted"?

Very kind of you to ask, Ross. The outfit has a web site (http://khaosrules.com/index.html) and there's a page there that talks about how you can help them, the Afghans, or both. It lists a point of contact for shipments of donated items, or you can contact me or Mary, my wife, who is doing most of the heavy lifting.

I know many here have asked me to thank John for his service, and I will certainly do that, but you can also post comments on the web site.

Thanks again.
Dick

Very kind of you to ask, Ross. The outfit has a web site (http://khaosrules.com/index.html) and there's a page there that talks about how you can help them, the Afghans, or both. It lists a point of contact for shipments of donated items, or you can contact me or Mary, my wife, who is doing most of the heavy lifting.
Got the page up now, Dick. I'll be looking at it more closely - maybe we can get something going through NES - arrange a pickup date in a few weeks and put something together. I'll think more about this tonight and try to start a new thread.

Got the page up now, Dick. I'll be looking at it more closely - maybe we can get something going through NES - arrange a pickup date in a few weeks and put something together. I'll think more about this tonight and try to start a new thread.

That would be just super - and it doesn't even need to involve buying special things to send. The Afghans have so little that even a threadbare winter coat on its way to the trashcan would be received as a very special treasure.

Great idea Ross. I'm in.
Also please tell him thank you for his service.

Back
Top Bottom