Healey & LTC Process

As I see it, if outside press is going to be at the school and reporting on it, bringing up the subject of guns with Healy could hurt us. The lefty media has been pounding Healey for "wanting to make it easier for ciminals to get guns" and other such nonsense. The sheeple will get yet another soundbite that the Devil camp can use against her. We don't need this right now.

I applaud the young poster's interest and pluck, and under other circumstances, I would urge him to go forward, but another gun-friendly quote in the mainstream (ick) press from Healey will not help her make up the polling deficit, in fact it may have the opposite effect. Sorry, but it is true. Ask her about the importance of elected officials respecting the wishes of the voters about the income tax, or another area where Patrick is vulnerable. Think strategically about what kinds of questions you can ask whose answers are the stuff that she needs to say to help her campaign make up lost ground.

Of course, it is a free country, so he can do as he wishes. [grin]

As I see it, if outside press is going to be at the school and reporting on it, bringing up the subject of guns with Healy could hurt us. The lefty media has been pounding Healey for "wanting to make it easier for ciminals to get guns" and other such nonsense. The sheeple will get yet another soundbite that the Devil camp can use against her. We don't need this right now.

I applaud the young poster's interest and pluck, and under other circumstances, I would urge him to go forward, but another gun-friendly quote in the mainstream (ick) press from Healey will not help her make up the polling deficit, in fact it may have the opposite effect. Sorry, but it is true. Ask her about the importance of elected officials respecting the wishes of the voters about the income tax, or another area where Patrick is vulnerable. Think strategically about what kinds of questions you can ask whose answers are the stuff that she needs to say to help her campaign make up lost ground.

Of course, it is a free country, so he can do as he wishes. [grin]

PRECISELY

MOD HAT ON!

KNOCK THE SHIT OFF!

I AM the OP and I did not start this thread to have it devolve into all sorts of insults, trolling, etc. So Knock it off and do that NOW!

More about what is really going on to follow, after I grab supper.

I spoke with Jim Wallace today, after he had spoken with Reed Hillman twice, once last night and once this AM.

They've decided NOT to try to make an issue of it now, for fear that it will give Devil more ammo to attack her further on the gun issues. So, they (Healey/Hillman/Wallace) will let the mis-information slide until after the election and hold their collective breaths. If Healey/Hillman win, then they will address this issue with a correction more in line with what I had proposed, according to what I've been told.

Healey didn't really know anything about these issues and mis-spoke, thinking that the question was about setting up an uber-chief office like the State Fire Marshal's office . . . not really related to the LTC problems.

They are worried that their base of gun owners are upset with what Healey said and I've been asked to convey that she REALLY is on our side and does NOT intend to create a monster with Mumbles Menino, Gesme, etc. pulling the strings.

We're just going to have to trust her and then work to educate her and make this work better with a state-run system after the election.

They've decided NOT to try to make an issue of it now, for fear that it will give Devil more ammo to attack her further on the gun issues. So, they Healey/Hillman/Wallace) will let the mis-information slide until after the election and hold their collective breaths. ......

Healey didn't really know anything about these issues and mis-spoke, thinking that the question was about setting up an uber-chief office like the State Fire Marshal's office . . . not really related to the LTC problems.

Exactly why we don't want another "sound bite," especially under the circumstances suggested here. [wink]

They should come out and imply that it is too easy in certain communities to get an LTC and that since the license is valid state wide it should be issued at the state level eliminating the abuse to the licensing system by certain police chiefs. The anti's will think that the pro gun chiefs are teh one abusing the system and that might get healey some of those votes. People knowledgable about firearms and the LTC process would know it's good for us.

Back
Top Bottom