Heat Stippling My Glock *Completed* new pics

I've been practicing for a few days and looked at a bunch of images on the web of stippled grips. I decided on a texture (tree bark) and had at the G23.It took me about an hour a side.I think it makes a huge difference when you hands get sweaty and definitely increases your grip on the gun. I"m thinking about doing the front strap also, but here are some pics of what I did so far.

I ended up doing the front and back straps. I did these areas more aggressive compared to the side panels.

I just have to hit a few areas with a stiff bristle brush to knock off the fuzz in spots.

DSC04753.jpg

DSC04758.jpg

DSC04759.jpg

DSC04761.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04771.jpg

DSC04773.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

I can honestly say that I wouldnt have the guts to do that to my 27, quite possibly because it was my first pistol, the one I carry the most, and the one I trust...

By maybe Ill snag another 27 or another frame and give it a whirl!

Thanks. It really wasn't that hard at all. Just have to find a few things to practice on and with a little patients you probably be fine. I practiced on the Glock speed loader and an AR15 grip.I think there were even a video or two on you tube about it.

It's pretty easy to do, just make sure you wipe the iron off frequently to prevent debris from building up and causing poor heating...

Do ya think leaving it on top of the dashboard in the middle of the summer would create the same effect? [smile]

Seriously, looks nice, like a custom job (v.s. a bubba job).

Very nice work. How's the texture compare to say tread tape? I had to put some on my HiPower. My Glocks have never felt slippery even during a long hot IDPA match -- but I'm open to trying it...

Very nice work. How's the texture compare to say tread tape? I had to put some on my HiPower. My Glocks have never felt slippery even during a long hot IDPA match -- but I'm open to trying it...
Your hand stick to the gun ,but it's not too rough that it beats up your hands. I think tread tape might be to rough on a carry gun. If the stippling is to rough you can tame it down a bit buy hitting it with some sand paper or emery cloth.

Back
Top Bottom