• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

help with a crossbow

jeffC

NES Member
I need help. I inherited a crossbow recently. Its in excellent shape, other than the fact that the cable is busted (father is laws friend dry-fired it unknowinly). My problem is, I cant find ANYONE who can repair this due to the fact that its a discontinued model. Anyone know of anybody that could help me out? I know NOTHING about archery and have asked around to local shops.... With 0 luck. If it helps.... Its a barnett quad 300. Id like to get it back in working order to surprise him. Any/all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

When they are dry fired the limbs take a beating as all of the energy is transferred back into the limbs. Run a cotton ball over the limbs to check for splinters to make sure that they are OK. If there is a small splinter it will pick up some of the threads of the cotton ball and it will be obvious.

The Barnett Quad 300 was a lower end crossbow in its day. Which was before Barnett went Chapt 11 and "re-invented itself. Realistically it probably isn't worth repairing other than for sentimental reasons.

I would try and contact Barnett directly to see if they have the parts you need to repair it. If it is just cables you may be able to find a custom string maker over on AT. You can also try posting this over there in the crossbow section. You might get more responses. There is a Barnett company rep on that forum. His user name is Vaguru IIRC.

Bob

Thank you. I tried calling barnett, with no luck. They dont have the cable available. Apparently this was the first and only time it was dry fired, but it was enough to bust the cable. Looking to see if anyone knows anybody local that could do anything for me.

Try giving Reedys in Middleboro a call. If they can't fix it they may be able to lead you in a better direction.

Back
Top Bottom